Braxton Hicks, Baby's Movement, and my Activity Level

Hey all,

I have a question that's not diabetes related. I have noticed more and more that when I am really active I get lots of Braxton Hicks Contractions. My cervix has been checked multiple times and appears to be holding strong, but I seem to just keep getting them...especially when active (For instance, stirring up some cookie dough last night caused a contraction each time I got going at it! I eventually made my husband do the stirring for me) Anyone had this happen before? they aren't painful.... everything just gets hard! My doctor is aware and has no real concerns as long as they aren't regular over a few hours and painful. Just curious to see what others have experienced.

Also, I notice on days where I have lots of BH, my little guy doesn't move as much. So far I have chalked it up to me being super busy and active and therefore he gets lulled to sleep. Again, my doc isn't concerned... but I'm still curious to see what you all think.

As always, thanks for reading my rambling thoughts!

Hi Rebekah,

I think what you are talking about sounds pretty normal.  I'm not sure how far along you are, but I am currently 38 weeks and pretty much have the same feelings.  Lots of contractions when I move around and do certain things.  Sometimes my stomach is so hard I can barely stand it, and during those times I don't feel him move much either.  I'm not sure why, but maybe it's just too tight for him to move, or the muscles are so hard that I can't feel him moving.  I always feel better when it stops tightening because I then usually feel him move a lot.

Anyway, I hope this helps!  And good luck! It's hard being pregnant and a type 1 diabetic!! :(  But we can do it!! :)

Jenny

Rebekah,

How far along are you?

Gina, I am 28 weeks tomorrow.

Thanks for the input Jenny