Did You Exercise Today?

Ah, well, if we're counting the smaller stuff...  :) ...   I also walk twice a day on my 15 minute breaks at work.

you burn 90 calories for evry hour of sleep.... so i slept for like 16 hours today. dose that count? (i have the flu...)

i worked out for 2 hours this morning and then did 45 minutes of yoga

Can I count some of Brian or Tracey's as mine? Sigh. I should get better, esp b/c I've been trying to eat better lately. Exercising more would be the obvious next step if I could get motivated!

If we're counting the small stuff, then I walk between classes every day at school (we have a fairly large outdoor campus).

Other than that, I go running every day after school (a little over a mile), and sometimes walk to the library or other places.

i walked to and from the office to the theatre a few times, and used the stairs as much as possible today?

(told myself i'd go to the gym and use the trendmill for at least 30mins tonight as well..but i'm feeling sick after drinking choc milk with dinner...blah if i didn't always feel sick to my stomach i'd probably go to the gym more!)

today, i never sat down. work kept me busy today. for 4 hours a day i'm always on my feet at work, but the other 4-5 hours are iffy. outside of work, i don't typically do a whole lot. i'll admit it. i have a wii fit, though. that counts, right?

i found it a lot easier to exercise when i was in school. i never wanted to drive, so i would take the bus, walk, or ride a bike. now that i HAVE to drive to get to work (45 minute commute) i don't exercise as much. hmm. i have a lot of excuses :op

on my normal 12-13 hour days working as a nurse, i rarely get to sit down so i don't "exercise" those three days a week  cuz i feel like i'm doing it already... unfortunately i don't usually exercise on my days off either, though.

today, however... the first thing i did when i woke up was walk to the polls to vote...and then...i even walked home!!! (and, side note, when my aunt offered to buy me a breakfast sandwitch i turned it down for a "healthier" option...sooooooo proud of myself...and i only had 1 piece of halloween candy today... but that's only cuz i've been high all day...i think this tangent is long enough...or not...)

Today (well now yesterday because it is about 1:30 am here) I was out walking and danced to some music at home.

Yeah, I went and ran a mile and then some with my dad, and mom and sisters lol. I did more running then them though, but my sugar was still 215!!! idk why!!! :)

I did some sweatin' disco w/ Richard Simmons earlier this morning. Probably go for a walk w/ my husband later.

i keep telling myself im gonna go to the gym after dinner..but then i end up having to drive around doing errands and such til i'm too exhausted to go work out :(

i'm walking around today to do errands tho and going to show tonight so i'll be dancing..that counts right? hopefully i'll be able to wake up at 8am and go for a run tomorrow too(gotta remember not to drink too much tonight haha)

Nat,

Take some B12! That'll perk you up. Or just force yourself to go  to the gym...after awhile, endorphins kick in and you feel awesome.

actually Pat you've reminded me that I want to go to the vitamin store and pick up some stuff! i have multi-vitamins(which has B12 im pretty sure) and happy sense pills to help me, but I have gotten outta the routine of taking them since i ran out and I need some more obviously!!

i try to force myself but i hate the gym so much..i might sign up for a weekly class tho..it was hard doing kickboxing twice a week but maybe i can find something right after work to make it easier!

and blaah its POURING rain outside..so my plan to drive my car to the other theatre(a 15min walk across downtown), run errands around the area, then walk back to the office are ruined!!

going to the gym sucks at first, but once you get into a rhythm you start needing the workout in order to feel normal. on days when i'm sick or don't go out and do rugby/gym/soemthing physical, i feel terrible. having a workout buddy helps too...what about the girl you did halloween stuff with? you two could motivate each other. definitely is easier to go when you have someone depending on you to be there and vice versa...also good motivator for extra reps and a reason to push yourself :)

or just take a couple "5 hour energy" drinks and you'll want to gym it up

me and chelsea are already gym buddies..but our lives are totally different (i'm a working professional -haha- and she's a full-time student) so we dont get a lot of chances to work out together, and when we do...we usually give up after 45mins and head to the pool haha.

i'm working on it though! im gonna go for that run tomorrow before i go watch chelsea get inked!

and i donno about 5hour energy might give it a shot tomorrow morning..

[quote user="Pat"]

I walk 1/2 mile to the Light Rail Train and then 1 mile from the stop I get off at headed to my office. So I walk approx 3 miles a day and then every night is gym except Friday. Tues/Thurs there is rugby and then gym. Wednesday is gym after orchestra.

So I have the walking part down today :P

[/quote]

What instrument do you play?  I play bassoon :)  But I've never met another diabetic bassoonist...And if I counted practicing/rehearsal hours as exercise I would be in the greatest shape, LOL. 

But as for actual exercise I've just walked up and down a bunch of stairs in my school, which adds up, but I think I'm going to go running right now, or do some strength training or something.  I try to run 3-4 miles at least three times a week but it usually doesn't happen...

I ran yesterday at Point Lobos to the encouragement of barking sea lions. 3 miles at least

where is this point lobos? i must go there.

[quote user="C"]

where is this point lobos? i must go there.

[/quote]

It's in Monterey county California. Central coast. It is a beautiful area. I haven't been in years though.