Diabetic Babysitting Opportunities

Hello!

I live in the South Bay and looking for opportunities to babysit you diabetic child. I am a 14 year old boy who has been living with diabetes since I was 1 1/2. I have experience with the Omnipod pump system. the Dexcom CGM, the Medtronic Guardian CGM, and i recently (3 month ago) switched to the Medtronic 640G for a close-loop study at Stanford. I am a straight A student and in Algebra 1- advanced at a private school in Sunnyvale. In my free time I like to play volleyball, soccer, and I’m in my 3rd season playing basketball. I can help with homework, diabetes knowledge, carb counting, and sports. I live at two different houses, one in Sunnyvale and one in Los Gatos but I don’t mind commuting. I can work after school and on the weekends for any amount of time. I can watch up to three children at a time or also work with you to do house chores, like laundry, cleaning, and cooking. I charge $17 an hour but I’m fixable if that doesn’t work. I want this experience to be a fun time for all of us, I had a diabetic babysitter when I was little and she was my best friend, we still keep in contact, even after she went to college and I want the same for your children. Thank you for reading this and my numbers below if you think I would be a good fit in your home for your child.

Im reachable at…

Text- (408)-568-9475
Email- William.Anderson9475@gmail.com

Sincerely,
William Anderson

1 Like

Hi @William.Anderson! I would recommend that you post this message on the BeyondTypeOne Safe Sittings network; I’ve been able to get some great babysitting opportunities on there. Best of luck!

1 Like

Hi Abby!
Thank you so much for the advice and I definitely will be posting there! Thank you

I would start your own Facebook page! You might be surprised how many parents would love to have an experienced diabetic helping out with their smaller one