Cholestasis and T1D

Hi there ladies!

I’m currently 35 weeks and 2 days pregnant with my first and was just diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy. Im T1D and have been on a pump since before my pregnancy with my a1c’s being 6.4 throughout. I’ve been monitored twice weekly with Nst and weekly biophysical a since I was 30 weeks and everything has been perfect. I had noticed that I was itchy over the last week and mentioned it to my ob and she ran some stat bloodwork and found this other high risk condition. I can only find information about gestational diabetics with this. I was wondering if anyone else has any experience with this?

Hi there! First off, congratulations on your pregnancy! I’m sorry about the itchy skin. My little girl is 26 months now and when I was pregnant with her, I got itchy at times especially on my arms, but just used a lot of moisturizing cream. I haven’t heard of a correlation between Cholestasis and Diabetes, but then again, diabetics do have more sensitive skin. I wish you the best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy! I went into labor at 38 weeks, five days, and delivered by emergency c-section because her heart rate was dropping when I’d have contractions. My little one came out perfectly fine though. No NICU and everything else was great, sugars included, so I was happy about that! If you have any questions or want to chat, feel free to contact me!
Sincerely,
Rachael