Belated introduction

Hi everyone,

I joined a while back but never gave a proper introduction.

I’m a type 1 diabetic of 6 years. I was diagnosed when I turned 30. I was a wild land firefighter for Cal Fire prior to being diagnosed then returned 5 years later (2019) as a type 1 diabetic. I proved to myself I could still do it and have now closed that chapter and I’m a stay at home dad to my 6 year old boy and 4 month old girl. I ride my mountain bike as much as I can and I’m also a race car driver and coach. I’ve had a crazy learning curve over the past 6 years and figured out some really helpful stuff along the way. Feel free to ask me anything you want to know regarding firefighting, elite cycling, etc.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing. Thank you also for the important work you did a a first responder!

Welcome, indeed! Great to see more fellow travelers with active lifestyles, kids, and a habit of helping others. So glad you introduced yourself!

We’re road cyclists, not mountain, but my daughter’s expressed some interest in picking up cyclocross. It looks like a blast — if you don’t mind a little dirt. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: