Approved for the pump!

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to share with you all that I am approved for an Omnipod! It will be my first pump. I've been a T1 since January and just started insulin in May! The pump should be here in the next week.

Feel free to share any advice you may have with me as a first time pumper.

Thanks!! :-)

No advice from me, as I'm just about to start on a pump for the first time ever, too.  But: Yay, congrats!

Thanks, Elizabeth! Best of luck to you! Which pump are you going to use?

Animas Ping.  It just arrived, like 30 minutes ago!  I'm going through all the stuff and getting more and more excited about starting it!

I hope to get the ping later this year.

I use medtronics mini med ... one piece of advice to remember is.... If you go for an MRI of any kind take off your pump or it will be ruined!

Congratulations!  I hope you like the pump!  Just take one day at a time! 

Congrats ehix!  :)  I don't use the Omnipod (Animas Ping here), but I wish you luck!

Good luck with the pump!

Hey!

Congrats on getting your pump! I just got mine, and have been on the Omnipod for a little over a week now!! (Im not a new pumper though. Was on minimed for 6 or 7 years). I LOVE the Omnipod! The fact that its so small, and tubeless, you can hide it just about ANYWHERE, that know one will ever see that you have it.  I've noticed when I put my pod on the side of my leg, it can be difficult for me to sleep on it at night because it feels uncomfortable.
Take advantage of the cable that comes in the start up kit. I had an appt with my endo yesterday, and he downloaded everything from the PDA and used that info to make all my changes!

Good luck!

Thanks, Kim!

[quote user="Elizabeth"]

Animas Ping.  It just arrived, like 30 minutes ago!  I'm going through all the stuff and getting more and more excited about starting it!

[/quote]

Awesome! Good luck.

[quote user="Chelsea"]

Hey!

Congrats on getting your pump! I just got mine, and have been on the Omnipod for a little over a week now!! (Im not a new pumper though. Was on minimed for 6 or 7 years). I LOVE the Omnipod! The fact that its so small, and tubeless, you can hide it just about ANYWHERE, that know one will ever see that you have it.  I've noticed when I put my pod on the side of my leg, it can be difficult for me to sleep on it at night because it feels uncomfortable.
Take advantage of the cable that comes in the start up kit. I had an appt with my endo yesterday, and he downloaded everything from the PDA and used that info to make all my changes!

Good luck!

[/quote]

Thanks for the great advice, Chelsea! I'm glad to hear the Omnipod is working out well for you.

[quote user="Kelly Kiernan"]

Good luck with the pump!

[/quote]

Thanks, Kelly!

[quote user="Angela"]

Congratulations!  I hope you like the pump!  Just take one day at a time! 

[/quote]

Thanks, Angela! I'm sure I'll love it.

[quote user="Type1Tinker"]

I use medtronics mini med ... one piece of advice to remember is.... If you go for an MRI of any kind take off your pump or it will be ruined!

[/quote]

Thanks! Good advice.