Anybody else suffering from heat exhaustion?

I'm in DC, and the heat wave is killing me. I was on the train yesterday. It was disgustingly hot and humid. I was sweating so much I soaked through my clothes (completely). I almost passed out. I could barely breathe. My heart was racing. My head was pounding. I couldn't think. I looked around at the other people on the train, and - get this! - they all looked completely fine. It felt like I was in the Twilight Zone...no joke...and I wish this was the only time this happened to me.

Any advice is welcome, but the real reason I'm posting this is I want confirmation that I'm not the only one struggling in this heat.

People with diabetes can be more prone to heat exhaustion if blood sugar is a little high because it causes dehydration.  But it might just be an individual thing... some people are more sensitive to heat and humidity than others.  

Carry a water bottle and drink a ton when it's this hot.  Consider buying a window unit if you don't have air conditioning.  At least go to a movie or to the library to cool off.

We've actually had cooler than usual temps in Tulsa this summer.  Weird because we usually are 100+ at this time of year, but were only in the 80's earlier this week and are slowly going back up in the 90's.  I'm not complaining.

I am overly sensitive to both heat and cold.  I  believe it is probably related to the diabetes.

The heat doesn't bother me very much unless my BG is super high, but I'm ridiculously sensitive to the cold.

Casey7 - Sensitivity to heat and cold is a classic symptom of thyroid imbalance.  You may ask your doctor to draw blood work and make sure they aren't hypothyroid or have Hashimoto's Disease (just a fancy way of saying you're on the verge of hypothyroidism).