Another Idea to get people here

I was thinking (yes I know that is dangerous) Looking at who's online (yes I am talking about you LOL) What about some way to let the guesses (?) make comments,  to encourage them to join us as members. Come On Join Us Were Supportive, Helpful, Caring and sometimes Funny!!!  

I think that some, or a lot, of them are members spying on us until they have something to say. :)

I was wondering about this, but i'd hate it it turn out like c-list. lol.

We should have some very cool, fun, hidden materials that only members can access. Then the guests will want to join / sign in. What the secret material would be ... I have no idea!

I agree that it's very strange to see 17 members and 2000 guests online, or whatever.

We should have some very cool, fun, hidden materials that only members can access. Then the guests will want to join / sign in. What the secret material would be ... I have no idea!

I agree that it's very strange to see 17 members and 2000 guests online, or whatever.

Two thoughts come to mind...1.focus on improving the site in general, regardless of what you think lurkers are interested in.  That way improvements should benefit current users and possibly attract new commenters. 2.post a survey that polls visitors about what they choose to comment on, or what keeps them from commenting or joining.

[quote user="Eric_Carpenter"]

Two thoughts come to mind...1.focus on improving the site in general, regardless of what you think lurkers are interested in.  That way improvements should benefit current users and possibly attract new commenters. 2.post a survey that polls visitors about what they choose to comment on, or what keeps them from commenting or joining.

[/quote]

Really good ideas. I was thinking of keeping profiles and such you would still need to be a member. That way we can still talk about the lurkers. LOL Just kidding.

[quote user="Keith221"]

Really good ideas. I was thinking of keeping profiles and such you would still need to be a member. That way we can still talk about the lurkers. LOL Just kidding.

[/quote]

How much fun would it be to insult them if they can't see what we're saying though? (;

I noticed a few new members this morning and a few who haven't been here in a while. :)

well, there you go. our threats are already working...

haha Sarah. :)