Android Wear OS watch face issue with Dexcom G6

Hi,

I’m new to this group. I’m 50 and have had Type 1 for 25 years. I just moved to the T-slim and dexcom g6 and am loving it. I have a samsung Note 8 phone and wear os watch.

Just recently my phone updated and since then the watch face does not show the yellow filled bar that indicates “above range” – it just big black space. The red region for lows is still there though.

Has anyone else experienced this? It’s not a huge deal, but it was easier to see whether I was in range with the yellow shaded area there.

Best,
Wythe

Hi @wythe4 Wythe , got nothing to add just saying hi because you’re new. Welcome to TypeOneNation. Hope you get some answers! -Joe

Thanks for the welcome @joe. I’m due for a phone upgrade, so it may just be time to switch back to AppleLand – they seem to have better integration with dexcom.

Hi Wythe. I just joined this forum. My status is almost identical, except I’m 69 with T1 for 57 yrs. I have Note 8 with S3 watch, but can’t figure out how to get my current bs readings or alarms on my S3 watch. I have to unlock my phone everytime to read it on the phone app. Sounds like you have found a watch app that sort of works. Can you tell me how? Via voice also, i.e. “What is my blood sugar?” Thanx.

Hi Dan, glad to meet you. Unfortunately, you can’t use the dexcom system with Samsung watches – they use proprietary software that’s not compatible with the dexcom system. You would need to get a watch with Android Wear OS, which would be compatible with both the note 8 and dexcom. For example, Fossil or Skagen smartwatches.

I actually decided to move to an iphone which has more watchface options with dexcom. I also got annoyed with Samsung’s refusal to upgrade note 8s to the latest OS and android auto’s recent problems.

Apple just seems to be putting more effort into their collaboration with dexcom. Or is it the other way around?
Best, Wythe

1 Like