Amazing friends

Today I got an email from one of my best friends, I've known since high school that really made my day, and made me cry (in a good way). During high school and most of college I was very active in the JDRF and many of my friends would do the San Diego Walk for a Cure with me every year. However, we all live scattered across the country now and she decided that she would make her own team in my name and raise money to walk in Boston. Her email today was a copy of the letter she plans to send out to raise money that she just wanted me to read through before she sent it. The letter was so great talking about what type 1 is and how she watched me live with it and never let it bring me down, it brought me to tears.

I just wanted to share that with other people who might understand how much it means to have support like that and someone to acknowledge what we have to do everyday. I hope that all of you have at least one friend like this too.

Hi Rosemary,

Thank you for sharing. I love hear stories like that. I lost touch with a friend and we reconnected on the internet. The first day we found each other she made a  donation to JDRF, I was so happy I cried.

Friends are amazing! I love mine dearly. Since I've met my friends, they have always participated in the local walks either through donations or volunteering, and typically through both. I can't imagine where I would be or what I would be doing if I didn't have these people to lean on!