670G and G6?

I just got the Dexcom G6 but have the Minimed 670G, and was wondering if there was a way to connect the sensor to that pump.

Hi Erin,

Unfortunately, there are currently no solutions that I am aware of (official or DIY) that connect the G6 (or anything but the Guardian Sensor 3, really) to the 670G. I’m curious how you managed to get your hands on the G6 when you already have the 670G, do you not use the Guardian Sensor 3 that works with the 670G? Just curious!

Hello! Sorry for the late response, I haven’t been on in a while! I did use the Guardian for a while but it was very uncomfortable for me and there was always at least one sensor per box that would give me constant errors. Since I’m not longer under warranty for the sensors, they let me switch to Dexcom and I love it!

The G6 is Bluetooth, 2.45GHz
The 670G and Guardian 3 are 2.4Ghz.

So they don’t even operate on the same radio frequency. It’s not possible for them to directly communicate.

You could build a 3rd device that receives the G6 signal, and transmits 2.4GHz pretending to be a Guardian 3, but I suspect that figuring out Medtronic’s “proprietary” communication and getting it to pair would be difficult at best.