You Can Do This

Hey, you guys - long time, no talk. Sorry! I've been working on something...

I've started a video project for people with diabetes, called You Can Do This. This project is a growing community of videos, created by people with diabetes, with the aim of provide validation, hope and encouragement through honest talk for those who struggle with the disease. Depression, burnout, fear of the future, dealing with complications, eating issues, loneliness... whatever "struggle" means to you. We all have issues to deal with; let's talk about them and let others know that they are not alone.

Here's a video from myself and a few friends around the diabetes online community, explaining what this is all about, and how you can participate.

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw9Pe3zgrec&feature=youtu.be]

I also have more details on my blog, at http://www.textingmypancreas.com/p/you-can-do-this-project.html.

This rocks!  What a great idea.

Nice Job, Kim!!

absolutely amazing, kim. i'm so proud to be your friend.

Nice idea and well done too.

yay! kim, you are a rockstar! i can't wait to see where this goes! :)

Hi Kim,

We love this idea and had to get involved!  I posted our JDRF vol/staff compilation here on YouTube and here on Juvenation: juvenation.org/.../168965.aspx.

Thanks for organizing this great project!

I just watched the JDRF video, and I'm crying. I completely love it - and I want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who helped make it. Your video is awesome, and will touch so many! :)

Aww, so glad you like it. We're doing our best to get up to speed with you awesome DOC blogger/vlogger types - you are our inspiration! ;-)

great video! Lola barked at the end of it, so she gives her "ruff" of approval too :D

Rachael, I hope you'll add this great video to the link list, too (bottom of the page): www.textingmypancreas.com/.../you-can-do-this-project.html

I also added it as a "Favorite" to the YCDT YouTube page!

Thank you, Kim! I thought I did that but I guess it didn't take... will try again.