Words of Advice?

Hi :)  I submitted my forms to get my new Animas ping pump and it's expected to arrive this coming Wednesday.  Are there any words of advice from those who are already using one? 

Thank you so much!

Jaclyn,

Is this your first pump or a change in pumps?  Congratulations - exciting whichever!  While there are a number of options for delivery and you'll get a TON of information on specific approaches and techniques through the training - keep in mind we're not talking advanced quantum mechanics - fundamentally you're just talking about some different ways to deliver (and back off) insulin.  So my advice is relax, stay excited and have fun with your new D-management tool.  You'll probably have some specific questions once you're in and it'll be easier for us to give better feedback when you get there -

Until then  - Congratulations and keep us posted on how things are going!

Cheers!

A-D

I've had mine for 2 years I think, Keep the plastic thing over the screen so it doesn't get scratched (if it gets scratched you can't read it well) Be careful with the clip because mine always get loose and I've broken a couple, you might want to buy an extra just in case. Also animas sells skins for the pump and the meter so that's kinda fun. Good luck with your new pump!

the same thing happens to me its not just you