Wondering

Since I am still pretty much a newbie, I was wondering if heart burn is part of this ride? I had heartburn a long time ago, before Zantac was OTC. LOL But since dx'ed I've had heartburn again. One tums take care of it. Now one last thing I am on MDI and every once in a while, when I inject it feels just like it looks, hurts so much like being stabbed!!!  It only happens about 1-2% of the time. Anybody else??  LOL I wrote mush instead of much, corrected but still made me laugh. I am so easily amused.

Hey Keith,

I haven't experienced the heartburn you're talking about, but the every-once-in-a-while-HOLY-GOD-THAT-HURTS thing happened to me when I was on MDI.  You're not alone.  :)

You know I don't have diabetes, but I've been on the heartburn ride a few times! Back before Prilosec was OTC, haha. :) I've definitely "stabbed' Bug a few times.

You are the only person in here with diabetes and heartburn. You are alone in your struggle to cope with spicy foods!

:)

I get it sometimes after Sunday Fun days

[quote user="Pat"]

You are the only person in here with diabetes and heartburn. You are alone in your struggle to cope with spicy foods!

[/quote]

LOL

[quote user="Keith221"]

[quote user="Pat"]

[/quote]

LOL

[/quote]

Just admit it Pat -- you are burping and farting as you write this.

P.S. Keith -- poor D control can lead to digestion problems relating to gastroparesis, but I doubt you've had D long enough for that to be the problem.

I don't get heartburn but I do get that feeling like i've been stabbed sometimes after a shot. it's usually when I've injected into a tight muscle in my thigh by mistake instead of fatty part of my thigh.

before i was diagnosed, when my BG was sky-high and i was drinking gallons and gallons of water, I was having heartburn. Then I was dxed and got my BG under control, and don't deal with it anymore. Yay!

[quote user="Sarah"]

[quote user="Keith221"]

[quote user="Pat"]

[/quote]

LOL

[/quote]

Just admit it Pat -- you are burping and farting as you write this.

[/quote]

silent and deadly, baby!

the poor pregnant woman who sits adjacent to me...hehe

[quote user="Sarah"]

P.S. Keith -- poor D control can lead to digestion problems relating to gastroparesis, but I doubt you've had D long enough for that to be the problem.

[/quote]

Yea, and my control is good my last a1c was 5.7, they tell me that's normal(?). LOL Me normal.HaHa

[quote user="ajax"]

before i was diagnosed, when my BG was sky-high and i was drinking gallons and gallons of water, I was having heartburn. Then I was dxed and got my BG under control, and don't deal with it anymore. Yay!

[/quote]

That exact same thing happened to me.  I was misdiagnosed as having acid reflux disease and prescribed Nexium because my heartburn was so bad.  It went away as soon as I was in the hospital getting better!