Why Isn't There A Way to Download My Blood Sugars to the iPhone

Ya know with all of the supposed improvements for diabetics, you'd think it would be really easy to have a way to send your blood sugars through bluetooth or a cord to an iPhone app.  What on earth is all the research and development money going into?  This seems so basic and a big money maker.  I don't get it.

I did find this online but I don't think you can get it because the FDA won't approve it.  What a load of crap!  Get this thing on the market . . . NOW!!!!!  It's been over a year since it's been introduced.  

Someone explain to my why I can't buy this or how we can lobby (pay off the FDA) to approve it.

FRUSTRATED!!!

http://www.gizmag.com/ibgstar-glucose-meter-for-iphone/16443/

www.bgstar.com/.../launch_europe_

That is cool. What a shame we can't get it here.

Here you go: http://www.glooko.com/

And here are some reviews from people who have used it:

www.ninjabetic.com/.../glooko.html

bloggingdiabetes.com/.../glooko-diabetes-logging-without-manual-entry

momentsofwonderful.com/.../product-review-phonetic-logging

The Glooko app/cable is just what I was looking for.  Now I know what I want for Christmas!

Hooray! :)

And just like that, iBGStar gets FDA clearance...  sanofi.mediaroom.com/index.php

HIP HIP HOORAY!

Thanks for keeping me updated guys. This is awesome. Finally.

Am I crazy or is the Glooko cable the same as this:

www.buy.com/.../product.aspx

Does anyone have this cable? If so, download the app and plug it in to see what happens, please.

Not sure, but I just sent an email to Glooko with a link to this thread. Hope we'll hear back soon! :)

Hey there,

Molly from the Glooko Team here! Just to clarify, the Glooko MeterSync Cable does not work the same as the buy.com cable.  The buy.com cable is simply a stereo jack cable that connects the iPhone to audio related products such as a stereo system, whereas the Glooko MeterSync Cable is unique in that allows it to communicate with the blood glucose meters we support.  

Thanks for your interest, and thanks Kim for letting us know about this awesome thread!

The Glooko app also comes with software for the reports and email options.

Because they say it would be a medical device, and apparently thats against the rules