Waiting for granddaughter

Well I am sitting here waiting for my daughter to call, she's having her baby. They induced labor, she's ready and already 8 lbs. Woke up early and called nothing happening yet. So killing time while waiting for Kayleigh to arrive!!!!

Congrats soon to be Grandpa. I went nuts waiting to hear about my sister when she was giving birth last year. I am not so good at waiting for much of anything but that was the worst being so far away.

[quote user="Jessica "]

Congrats soon to be Grandpa. I went nuts waiting to hear about my sister when she was giving birth last year. I am not so good at waiting for much of anything but that was the worst being so far away.

[/quote]

Waiting is no problem as I come from a very large family and been around for a lot of baby's. Can't wait to see her I just know she's going to be so cute!!! LOL

congrats on the well soon ta be granddaughter. my brother just had a baby girl, my friend ni is having a baby girl, and i am too :) kids are precious. keep us updated. lol

[quote user="Jessarae"]

congrats on the well soon ta be granddaughter. my brother just had a baby girl, my friend ni is having a baby girl, and i am too :) kids are precious. keep us updated. lol

[/quote]

You're having a girl?? If so wishing you the best!!! Thanks.

ya i am. she is due april 29 this year. her name is Tameraa Mariaa Terwilliger(me and mike decided on that one quick..lol i told him if she was a girl he could name her..because if she wouldve been a boy his mae wouldve been Micheal Robert Terwilliger jr :) lol). but im only 16, this really wasnt planned at all. i had planned on college, and had my life planned out. kids werent in the picture till at least after i graduate high school next year. so im kinda scared. but i will love her just the same. and thank you.

How exciting and wonderful is this !!! Be sure to let us know when she is born :)  Now you have to decide what name your grandbaby will call you  :) ........Jessarae,you are young and babies are life changing but...life is that way anyway--always changing.I saw where you mother posted the other day.She sounds like a mom that loves you and will stand by you.Family there for you,you will be fine.Take care of yourself and let us know how you are doing :)

congrats, keith! very happy for you :o)

thanks meme..and my mom is still in denial about it. but i will be sure to do so. and yes i know that im still young, this wasnt planned just yet. but as you said life is always changing. things happen when we dont expect them. we just have to shift our plans around sometimes to make room.

Jessarae,my children or my grandchildren were never planned....They are the best part of my life.When I leave this earth..anything I did or have won't matter.Only the family I was born into and the family I now have.And the good Lord to forgive me for my failures in life and to catch my back :)

my mom at first just yelled and screamed and said that i needed to stop lying and that..if i ever did get pregnant that she was going to take custody of my baby she told me and my fiance that. and i told her forever ago that i was going to finish school no matter what happens. and im still going to. and even though it wasnt planned, i will still give my daughter the best life she could have. mike and i are going through a lot with our family lives, as we always have, and we dont want our daughter to go through any of it. an she has tha chance of getting diabetes, which i hate that. and mike was diagnosed with a seizure disorder when he was a kid too, so she may develop that too, on top of tha diabetes. there are so many things that im affraid she will get. ive saidd my whole life i was going to addopt that i wasnt going to have my own kids that way i wassnt at fault for putting another child with illnesses inta the world. i mean ive had severe depression seince i was very young too. and i have bipolar disorder im just scared for her. i dont want her to have to go through anything me and mike did.

Keith,I am sorry to turn this post a bit....Jessarae,because you are young,please have your mother read anything I say...Saying that,I have to stand by your mothers feelings.I would totally be upset about this too.My daughter was of age and I was in shock,angry,I freaked out really bad!!! She is right to be concerned about education.That is important to make it in today's world.Your mother is your safe place in life..She knows you best and will always be there for you.Keep her close to you and get the very best medical care possible and try not to worry.Talk to your doctor about any fears you have about tha baby's well being.Now saying that-I feel like I have said too much already on this.This is Family stuff and I want to respect that.So I won't say anymore on this except that I wish you and your family the very best :)

Yay! I'm so happy for you and your family! I had the only 2 grandkids (both boys) on both sides of the family until my neice was born last month. :)

Jessarae, just a quick note here for both you and your mom if she is around to read it. If either of you have any questions about type 1 diabetes and pregnancy, then have your mom ask the question through the JDRF Online Diabetes Support Team link: go to http://www.jdrf.org/ and scroll down on the tab labeled "Life with Diabetes" to click on "Online Diabetes Support Team." This will take you to a web page where your mom (there are rules about JDRF volunteers responding only to adults for legal reasons) can type in your questions. What will happen then is that your request will be sent to the Online Diabetes Support Team (ODST), where it will be matched with the volunteer best able to answer the questions. Many type 1 women have had successful pregnancies, but there are things that are different about your control while pregnant.

Anyway, if you do this, a volunteer will respond by sending an email directly to your home and you and your mom can get one-on-one support, which is better for personal issues than a more open forum such as this one. I do wish you the best.

Yes,this is wonderful and correct advice Susan mentioned.This is a good direction to go.Best Wishes to you and your family.

How exciting!!!!   I love to hear good news.

Kim

[quote user="Keith221"]

Well I am sitting here waiting for my daughter to call, she's having her baby. They induced labor, she's ready and already 8 lbs. Woke up early and called nothing happening yet. So killing time while waiting for Kayleigh to arrive!!!!

[/quote]

OK here it is. Kayleigh was born 9:07 PM, 1/30/2010, 20 1/2 inches and 7 lbs. 11 ozs. She is so cute, black hair. Tried going to bed was at hospital for about 14 hrs.

[quote user="meme"]

Keith,I am sorry to turn this post a bit....Jessarae,because you are young,please have your mother read anything I say...Saying that,I have to stand by your mothers feelings.I would totally be upset about this too.My daughter was of age and I was in shock,angry,I freaked out really bad!!! She is right to be concerned about education.That is important to make it in today's world.Your mother is your safe place in life..She knows you best and will always be there for you.Keep her close to you and get the very best medical care possible and try not to worry.Talk to your doctor about any fears you have about tha baby's well being.Now saying that-I feel like I have said too much already on this.This is Family stuff and I want to respect that.So I won't say anymore on this except that I wish you and your family the very best :)

[/quote]

I have no problem. Jessarae is young and good advice is always welcome, after all that's what were here for EACH OTHER!!!!!!

Wishing you nothing but the best, Jessarae.

Congratulations Keith !!!!   Welcome to the world sweet baby Kayleigh !!! :)

[quote user="Keith221"]

[quote user="Keith221"]

[/quote]

OK here it is. Kayleigh was born 9:07 PM, 1/30/2010, 20 1/2 inches and 7 lbs. 11 ozs. She is so cute, black hair. Tried going to bed was at hospital for about 14 hrs.

[/quote]

My second son, Logan, was almost the same size! 20 3/4 inches and 7lbs 11oz. He has blond hair and blue eyes. :)

Congrats new grandpa! You're gonna be awesome!