URGENT Recall on MiniMed Quicksets!

http://www.medtronicdiabetes.com/lot8/indexa.html

Lot 8" Quick-set® Infusion Sets
Medtronic Diabetes is recalling Quick-set infusion sets that have lot numbers starting with the number "8"
These infusion sets are used with MiniMed Paradigm® insulin pumps. This decision was made because we estimate that approximately 2% of "Lot 8" Quick-set infusion sets may not work properly. The manufacturing process has been changed and this is no longer a problem.

Please discontinue using "Lot 8" Quick-Set infusion sets right away
We are providing replacement infusion sets to customers at no additional charge and are doing all that we can to make this replacement process as easy as possible for you.

Medtronic

thanks for this! I have ALL lot 8's. bleh. over 40 of them!!

Thank goodness, these have been causing me NOTHING but trouble! My sugars have been WAY off on these, I've gotten an infection and been sick since I've been on these. Thank you so much for posting this here, I'm glad to find out that I'm not the one messing everything up!

[quote user="stilledlife"]

Thank goodness, these have been causing me NOTHING but trouble! My sugars have been WAY off on these, I've gotten an infection and been sick since I've been on these. Thank you so much for posting this here, I'm glad to find out that I'm not the one messing everything up!

[/quote]

you had an infection caused from the lot 8's? 2 days ago my site was KILLING ME i could feel every time a drop of insulin would come out and then I got a fever for 2 days, So I changed my site (to another lot 8) and within hours my fever was gone and i felt 100% better.  It looks AWFUL now.  This would seriously expain a LOT if it was from the bad sets!!!

Ouch, That sounds painful.

I don't want to blame my infection on it because it could have been all coincidence...

I have learned while using the quick-sets that I was inserting them wrong in the past. Never pinch the skin when inserting them. I hate to tell new pumpers this but bad inserts can happen anytime and with any infusion set =_= and it sucks.

Good luck to us Jenny! We need it =)

Ouch, That sounds painful.

I don't want to blame my infection on it because it could have been all coincidence...

I have learned while using the quick-sets that I was inserting them wrong in the past. Never pinch the skin when inserting them. I hate to tell new pumpers this but bad inserts can happen anytime and with any infusion set =_= and it sucks.

Good luck to us Jenny! We need it =)

[/quote]

haha thats the reason i didn't blame my infection on them! It would be a very crazy coincidence if we both had one caused from the lot 8's though.. thats why i asked.  Ive never pinched the skin with the quicksets, but you are right bad sites happen randomly all the time.. i hit my hip bone about a week ago and i'm still bruised from it!! oopss!!

I hope everything gets better for you two!

I guess if you have ordered the Quick-sets through MiniMed within the last 6 months, they are going to send a replacement box right away which most will recieve by tomorrow if you haven't already. But they still want everyone to fill out the form on the website because it tells them how many you need total to have replaced and they can send a label for you to send back your Lot 8 sets. All of mine are Lot 8 too... I have just over 3 full boxes going back.

i have all lot 8's too. and my site is always rly itchy

i should go check my infusion sets.

I just got the letter/extra box in the mail today.  Great.  I had 14 boxes of them, plus a few.  Over a 140! My mom needs to turn off auto-reorder.

The good thing is that it's pretty easy - they're paying for everything just like they should.

[/quote]

I was getting training for a cgm yesterday with a minimed representative, and she told me that the problem with the infusion set was related to the cap on the reservoir (the part connecting the reservoir and the tube). It's something with the pressure vents being blocked on it, so if you were in high altitudes or something there could be pressure on the reservoir and no way for it to be vented so it could explode or shoot a lot of insulin at once or... I don't actually know what could happen. So from what she described, it sounds like the problem with these sets probably isn't what's causing you problems.

I'm glad to hear that as well pumpypig, I'm driving across country to the Rocky Mountains for hiking next week!! That could have been a major problem.

O.o that is very scary. It says on the site that the company located the problem from multiple customer complaints. I hope no one had an exploding reservoir!

Whatever- either way is all for the better- this recall is letting me trade in my quick-sets for silhouettes for free, and my sugars are back down for my trip, so I'm not going to complain.

Just wanted to bump this important post back to the top..