The genetic fuse that may ignite Type 1 diabetes

http://insciences.org/article.php?article_id=7231#

that's pretty neat. at least that they could figure that out.

yeah better than before "sooo its some gene...that gets triggered......no idea what specific gene...but we know it's a gene.." lol

they're moving like a herd of mad turtles towards a cure!

one step closer to a cure!

[quote user="Pat"]

they're moving like a herd of mad turtles towards a cure!

[/quote]

are they special mutated turtles? ones that are really fast and full of cool colours and all of a suden whip out like a ninja? normal turtles are so slow and boring

Thanks for sharing!  I had no idea this happened.

Also, I hope the turtles like pizza.

Am I being selfish when I get jealous and angry about talk about preventing the disease rather than curing it for those of us that have it? I'm embarrassed to admit it, but it gives me conflicting feelings.

Thanks for the link though...

[quote user="Sarah"]

Am I being selfish when I get jealous and angry about talk about preventing the disease rather than curing it for those of us that have it? I'm embarrassed to admit it, but it gives me conflicting feelings.

Thanks for the link though...

[/quote]

well i think the generally idea is once they know how to prevent it, it'll be easier to cure it. if they have no idea how it actually happens, what gene it actually is, and how to stop it from happening in the first place, etc....how are they suppose to cure it?

No, I know it would help us too. I guess I'm being selfish. I just (selfishly) wish a cure would come first. 

eh i really dont think there will ever be a cure. i think it makes living daily a whole lot easier than even having the IDEA of a cure in my mind at all. i do though, find it neat when they find out new things about different genes..like this.

[quote user="Batts"]

eh i really dont think there will ever be a cure. i think it makes living daily a whole lot easier than even having the IDEA of a cure in my mind at all. i do though, find it neat when they find out new things about different genes..like this.

[/quote]

I don't really think there will ever be a cure either.  i would rather not get my hopes up.  I'm not trying to be a downer or a pessimist but I think giving us new medicine makes them more money than a cure would....