Texas

I just realized I did not put Thursday in the last reply.  Here goes Thursday July 23 at 7:30 at the church of Christ on McDermott. 3600 McDermott Rd., Plano

Hey Jami,

Sorry it's taken so long to figure this out! Echoes' first meeting for the semester is on September 9th at 7:30pm. We'll be on the 2nd floor of the SCC (in the study area with the chairs). Anyone is welcome, diabetic or not, student or not!

We'll be signing up for the JDRF Walk, discussing t-shirts and planning some fun activities (like movie nights, etc)!

Hope you can make it!

Hey Kate,

I live in Austin, as well.  I've only lived with diabetes for four years, and it's extremely frustrating.  It would be nice to have someone to whom to vent who understands what I'm dealing with.

Anyone in here a parent of a small child with Type 1 and living in Austin?

I moved to Austin, TX 3 years ago.  Anyone else in the area (San Marcos, Killeen, Round Rock, Pflugerville, etc...)?

i just moved to texas in the last couple months and i have a child with diabetes and working on moving her here also but im not to sure where to turn with any questions or just sumone to talk to. my daughter is 10 and was diag in 2003. we had the support of jdrf in california where we are from would be nice to find other parents or anyone to talk with out here

Hi Angela,

I'm not in Dallas, but in Fort Worth. I've also tried to see if they have any support groups, but have not had any luck. Have you?