Symlin Users

My endo recently suggested that I use a symlin pen to help keep my blood sugar under control. I have been using it for a few days now and still haven't had any improvements. Has anyone else ever used symlin or know somebody who has?

Thanks!

I used Symlin for about 6 months a year or two ago (I can't quite remember). It made me feel horribley sick, but my blood sugars never improved. I kept taking it to see if I just needed to "get used to it", but it just didn't work for me. I have heard of it working for several other people. There are others on this site who use it as well, so I might not be the best person. I didn't like it.

Ok, that's good to know. I don't really feel sick. I am just not impressed so far. Thanks for replying!

I've been using Symlin for about 3 months now because I have such a problem with my blood sugars always being high. It took about a month for me to get used to it-I never felt sick, I just never ever felt hungry. And when I would eat, I would get full extremely quickly. This caused me to lose a few pounds because I wasn't eating as much as usual. I think my body is used to the Symlin now-I still don't eat as much as I did before, and it really does help lower my blood sugar. I've heard a lot of people say they don't like it, but it's been okay for me. I hope this helps you-let me know what you think of it! :)