Some Fun

I think our meters could be a lot more fun. I would like my meter to roll numbers like a slot machine instead of  that stupid blinking drop (Accu-Chek Aviva), I mean I wait to see the number and it reminds me of waiting for a slot machine. Come on, come on baby you can do it and when a good number comes up it's YES!!!! not so good number (notice I don't say bad LOL my positive) Darn!!! (nice word for what I really say and it's not the s word). I know how about a talking one you can make yours. Example: For the ladies, a hot voice saying "Oh, baby you're so good!. (young ladies Jonas guy ) and when you get a high one how about? " " Have you been bad??" ROFLMOA 

What would you like your meter or sensor to say?? Just thought of a funny. You have a CGM with a voice alert, you go low in a meeting and forgot to turn off the audio and suddenly out of nowhere you hear " Oh, darling you're going down!!" LOL and all this with good bs. I am so weird in the morning.   

Everything I would want mine to say would probably get censored on here or upset the sensitive people :)

But yeah, it would be fun and you, Keith, myself, and several others would get a kick out of them :D

my my my my my.....is it possible that men are really from Mars ??  that's what I would change my husbands meter to.....The game idea is great --not sure gambling is the one ,ha :)

I have a One Touch Ultra and whenever its counting down from 5, I always say it in a dramatic way in my head, similar to before a space shuttle launch or something important.

5....4...3....2...1...[Reading]

I just want mine to spit out money like a slot machine!!! lol It'd be GREAT motivation for better control :)

You need to patent that idea!!! That is BRILLIANT! HAHAHA

I've imagined so many different things that my meter and now my CGM could say to me, such as:

BG Meter (reading a high number):  WTF were you thinking when you...ate that snack, forgot to correct, etc)...I imagine that if my devices could talk that they would be mighty intuitive about why my numbers are heading in any given direction!

CGM (upon detecting a downward trend): Hello?  You gonna treat this or what?

CGM (upon detecting a low low-55 or lower): WTF are you doing, could use some juice jackass!

BG Meter (upon a high reading-after over-treating for above low): Way to go Dumb Ass!

BG Meter and CGM (upon a reading such as 100-120 and a steady trend for more than 3 hours: WAY TO F#&*IN' GO!!

I haven't really thought as much about positive responses, those just don't hold the same humor!  This game also works well for GPS! 

For the last one, I tend to hear a parade and lots of "Yaaaay!"s.  But, that's me.  See also:  "It took forever for us to get here....now don't eff this up, buddy!"

Even something as simple as a 'cha ching' money sound when someone had a good level would be reinforcing methinks.

Oooh, I do like the sound of a parade and also Hip Hip Hooray!!  Those would be good!  Also, in the voice of my 5 year old, "Not too high, not too low, not too bad Mommy"!!

For people who like video games Bayer is coming out with a meter that connects with a Nintendo DS and gives you points in your game based on your bloodsugars. http://diabetesnewshound.com/type1/bayer-didget/

[quote user="Natasha"]

For people who like video games Bayer is coming out with a meter that connects with a Nintendo DS and gives you points in your game based on your bloodsugars. http://diabetesnewshound.com/type1/bayer-didget/

[/quote]

"New Diabetic Disorder ... Purposely taking too much insulin to win more points on Nintendo DS"

[quote user="Sarah"]

[quote user="Natasha"]

[/quote]

"New Diabetic Disorder ... Purposely taking too much insulin to win more points on Nintendo DS"

[/quote]

Haha!