Should I be mad at Animas, Hopkins, or myself?

Yeah, I just would have never thought that someone would take so long to verify that I needed a new prescription lol. My package came yesterday though and I'm headed to London with a box of IV prep, cartidges and infusion sites (1 box of each)...that should last me. I've got 2 1/2 viles of insulin although I think I'm only going to end up using 1 1/2 while I'm there. I guess the rest of it is hoping my luggage bag doesnt' weigh more than 50lbs since British Airways changed their policies for checked bags last year. Anyway, thanks for everyone sharing their stories and insight.

Next time you hear from me I'll be across the pond :)

cheers!

Pat

I hope across the pond will treat you well. When you got on the plane were you required to put your shirt on? Did you run into any security problems with your pump? Did all of your supplies make it with you? How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?? Al very important questions that we are all waiting for an answer about.

I thought a woodchuck would chuck all he could chuck?

As far as my supplies, yeah everything made it and no one questioned it...the TSA guys at Baltimore Washington Internat'l gave my bookbag that had all of my pump supplies in it a good long look but they let it go through. I just take my pump off when going through the metal detector etc. because I don't feel like starting anything.

I am not sure if they would make me put my shirt on. Maybe I'll try the shirtless approach next week heading back home in Heathrow... :) I like your snarkyness

Can one define snarkyness, for those who are just joining the Brian harassing Pat show, so they know what they are walking into??? My bag will sometimes get a cursory stare, but never anything all that big. It is kinda freaky though, the fact that all of our supplies make it through x-ray without us even being questioned. I mean my pump sometimes sets off the metal detector, than I answer questions, but my bag full of vials of insulin, back up pump supplies, emergency needles, and stuff like that just gets started at... So weird. I could go into so many different issues I can think of with this, however I don't want to freak people out, more so start to make our travel more restrictive.

Let me know what happens when you try to do your shirtless approach. I mean I know you are all for showing off what the good lord gave you. I respect that. I just wondered if you travelled in the same way you expressed yourself! 

And if I pick on you it means I like you. Hence , Gina, Alyssa, A-D, yourself and others are on the good list.

Snarky - A witty mannerism, personality, or behavior that is a combination of sarcasm and cynicism. Usually accepted as a complimentary term. - per Urban Dictionary's second definition for it

Haha I don't have much to show off, I just don't have any other good pictures. I mean that one is from over a year ago. I'm glad that I'm on a good list though. Better than being on most peoples' bad lists on here since I'm sure my comments aren't always taken the best ways...but whatever some just need to loosen up :D

So still in London and working, and our Citrix servers just crashed, so not able to do work now :-/

It is so good to see that you are able to use a dictionary. And now I know what it means to be snarky. And yes, I am. I only have two "enemies" on my bad list. Just don't take my cheese and you will be fine.

I just graduated from UMass. I'm sticking around Amherst for a month or two. It's really pretty here in the summer ;) And don't give up on your search for diabetics. I went three years before someone finally yelled out, "Hey, you're diabetic! Me, too!"

Aw man...just missed you! I flew back to Las Vegas about 4 days ago, and won't be back until August.

It would be so nice to find others. I know there is (only) one other at Hampshire, and there is a support group/5 College mentorship program that an NP at health services told me about. I plan to go to that in the fall.

It sometimes feels so bizarre that they'd be so hard to find. Thanks for giving me hope!

-Traci

Also, congrats on graduating!!

Thanks! Also, I think I know what group you're talking about. It's called the College Diabetes Network (CDN). They meet at UMass health services. I only went to two of their meetings, but it was kind of cool meeting other people like me. Plus, it didn't really feel like a support group, which was nice. Anyway, have a good summer. Peace.