Secondary Infertility and TTC

I have a 3 year old daughter, she was conceived during the first month we talked about trying. We’ve been trying for 14 months for a second, my a1c is 6. I use a pump and CGM. First pregnancy was pretty uncomplicated, had a fast, vaginal delivery. I was diagnosed with hashimotos, but tsh is now in range. We’re meeting with a reproductive endo on the 15th. I’m extremely nervous about it. I want to know if there is a reason it isn’t happening, but at the same time I don’t. Does anyone have any experiences?

There could be many reasons, or you could be diagnosed with unexplained secondary infertility. It could be an issue with you, your partner, or both. It could have something to do with your diabetes, hashimotos or something completely different. Sorry to be so “it could be anything”, but it really could be.

We dealt with primary infertility and secondary infertility. When you meet with the RE, just make sure that you feel comfortable with the doc, get all your questions answered, and ask for any diagnostic tests to be run prior to entering into a treatment cycle. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions before or after your appointment.

It could simply be stress. An RE can just monitor you for timed intercourse if nothing is wrong. I know it’s hard not to assume the worst but try to be positive.

I’m currently working with an RE, and stimming for my first round of IVF. In my case, there aren’t fertility issues, but I am single and hoping to become a mother. I’ve had 6 unsuccessful IUIs.

You’re doing the right thing by meeting with a RE. They should be able to offer you a few different options for next steps, once they have assessed your situation.

Best of luck!

I have just found out that my tubes are damaged. My husband and I have went through TTC for 2 years, before getting checked out. I was going to start IVF in Feb, but have decided its not right for me. We have now decide to adopt. Its a good idea to go get checked because anything could be wrong or nothing could be wrong. Good luck!!

Meghan