Record Lows!

OK, I really cannot resist posting this one. Some of you may know the longer back story to this post or not, but in a nutshell it basically is that my record number of lows in one night (less than 7 hours in bed, mind you, less than probably 4 hours of actual sleep!) is 7. That was a hoot and a half (not ;) ). The record that day for a 24 hour time period was 9 low blood sugars in all. Talk about feeling crummy.

So I have to ask: What is your record number of low blood sugars in 24 hours? :)

hahahaha i have honestly lost count. i think the most amount of lows wassss like 15-20? I'm low a lot. hahahhahaha you could ask my best friend..... who is also diabetic sooo i tend to eat all the snacks she carries around for her lows(:

How in the world did you handle that?! I could barely function off 7 lows, I felt so... ugh! 15 lows.... wow. Talk about your ugh! And I thought 7 was a lot!

hahah well sense im always low i guess i kind of got used to funtioning off of it buttt i still feel low. actually ive been told i look drunk when im low. hhahahahaaah

but it kills me when im like 200. i get really moody and my friends are always making me test when i fight with them about something. hahahha

When I was still on Lantus I could easily have 5 lows a day.  I am rarely low more than once a week on the pump, now.

I kind of miss it.  (j/k)

REALLY? oncee a week? that would be amazing if that happened to me! hahahahhha

i think my record is 4 or 5 but I will say that I have a phobia of lows because it's the worst feeling ever so I always 2nd guess myself when correcting or taking insulin especially another factor (like activity) is involved.

i had about a month like 4-5 lows every day

luckely not now anymore, but since then i also have a phobia for lows.

right now i have 1-2 lows in about 2 weeks

Before I was on the pump, I would have anywhere from 5-15 lows a day. I was on 12 shots per day and would sometimes over-compensate and give myself too much insulin! :(

But I rarely have lows now that I am on the pump! :)

[quote user="lara"]

hahah well sense im always low i guess i kind of got used to funtioning off of it buttt i still feel low. actually ive been told i look drunk when im low. hhahahahaaah

but it kills me when im like 200. i get really moody and my friends are always making me test when i fight with them about something. hahahha

[/quote]

OMG LARA THAT IS TRUE, THOUGH! hahahhahahahha i always make you test when you are being a weanus![::]

uhm i would have to say i am low around once a day. although recently i had been running high often enough to have an 8.0 a1c, so if i was 100 i started shaking like i would if i were 65. weird, yeah?and i would actually much rather be 45 vs. 350. a lot of people think that i'm crazy for saying that, haha.

although, the other day i was actually with lara who has posted on this topic a bunch of times, haha, and i tested and i was 80 so i had a juice. and then ten minutes later i still felt low so i tested and i was 65, so i had another juice. and then ten minutes later, i STILL felt low, so i tested again and i was 40! THAT sucked ahah

i used to be low a lot, like really low everyday a couple years ago.  i have no idea what my record number of lows per day would be - maybe 4-5??  usually it's about 1-2 times per day. 

Rachel, the same thing happened to me too, with feeling low when you really aren't.  at diabetes camp one time, i was 72 before snack, and afterwards i felt like i was dreaming and really out of it, so i was probably really low, but then the carbs kicked in.  weird.

oh man when i was on injections i would go low a lot. i probably went low hmm maybe 15 - 20 times every one to two weeks. with the pump it's maybe twice a week. 

oh sorry didn't read the whole post at the beginning. hmm during one day it would be i don't know it seems like every time i tested i was low when i was on injections. the most i think was 9 times.

well my "record" for lows is probably about three-four times a day. and that was when i was on lantus, but now its down to like 2-3 a week.