Pump Sounds at Inoportune Moments?

mine does that every once in a while, just prime it again, at zero you dont actually have to prime it, then just do a "0" fill cannula thing. i have the same pump and mine does it alot. ecspecially at work. sometimes the cap comes off on mine and thats what triggers it. my dr's set an alarm on my phone to check my blood sugars 2 hours after i would bolus, well i dont know how to do that so 2 hours after i eat my pump sings, in class everyday. and everyday the same people stare at me finally my teacher made fun of it cuz he thought it was someone's ringtone i was like "um no thats my insulin pump sorry i dont know how to turn it off" then he told me to go shoot up if i had to lol of course it does it on it's own but noone's looked or said anything since lol dont feel embarrassed. atleast people turn and look in a class that big!! ;) eventually youll get so used to it it wont bother you anymore. ive only been on my pump since september and when it sings half the time i dont notice.

best of luck. youll love being on the pump.  no shots are amazing that was my biggest issue. the pump's much easier!

mine beeps all the time too. and it always says it on the screen its annoying my battery went low at work while i was with a table taking their order. AWESOME!

i am on the omni pod and i have a question .....one day i wuz sleeping on my stomach and thats where my pod wuz it wuz expiring and i didnt hear it cuz i wuz leaning against it fianly my sister woke me up cuz she heard the beeping but it wuznt giving me insulin,,has something like this ever happened to u b4?

[quote user="gillian"]

i am on the omni pod and i have a question .....one day i wuz sleeping on my stomach and thats where my pod wuz it wuz expiring and i didnt hear it cuz i wuz leaning against it fianly my sister woke me up cuz she heard the beeping but it wuznt giving me insulin,,has something like this ever happened to u b4?

[/quote]

that happens to me! but it doesnt usually get to the point where i'm not getting insulin anymore. 

Im on the deltec cozmo . . . the company went out of buisness so you might be out of luck

depending o n what you have it set for it will beep at every change.  I have it set for highs and lows - and no delivery.  The rest I ncheck from my pocket each hour.

scott

[quote user="gillian"]

[/quote]

My sometimes does beep when I am sleeping to remind me that it will be expiring in a few hours,  but I have never gotten to the point where it has run out of insulin or shut itself off.  Mine has an 8 hour grace period even after it starts with the expiration warnings.  So I would have to sleep for a long time for it to actually shut itself off.

Stephanie, this made me laugh out loud!  I know what you're talking about there...  My doc told me that when that happens, you should straighten out a paper clip and shove the end of it into the loading dock on the pod and that will shut it up.  I don't know the technical term, but you know, where you inject the insulin.  The loading dock.

Thanks for the laugh!

my pump beeps when I have a "low batt" I can shut it up, but then it'll beep a different beep when I have a "dead batt" or "batt out" as my pump likes to call it.

Scott - go for the pump!

Oh my God., when Bob (pump) starts, it's like nails on a chalkboard. The worst is when I disconnect for a shower and then it decides it's out of insulin and for the duration of my shower, it's a screech every 30 seconds. I cannot stand things that beep at me! :)