Possibly getting a pump

Hi, so I’ve been diagnosed for about 5 months and I was doing some research into getting a pump- like the pros and cons. However I’ve only just discovered that they aren’t available for everyone [based in the UK], so does that mean that I’ll be on multiple injections for the rest of my life? Sorry hope this doesn’t come across as ignorant or anything…

I live in the the US so I’m not entirely sure what the health care regulations are for pumps in the UK. However, I can’t imagine you having to stay on injections for the rest of your life. Even if the NHS does not cover your pump right now, I’m sure that will change in the future. I know some US insurance companies want a six month injection period and a month of glucose readings before applying for a pump. So I would definitely research a little more and get in contact with your health service to see if there is any criteria that you need to meet that could help you get a pump sooner. Again, I don’t live in the UK, so I could be completely wrong, but I hope this offers you little reassurance.