Phone for C-IQ Technology

Are any members using an iPhone 12 with Tandem C-IQ tech? Which software programs such as Clarity do you use? Have you ever had connection issues between Tandem t: slim x2 and/or Dexcom G6 & the phone? Any shared experiences will be appreciated

1 Like

Hi @Hen51 . If it helps at all I have iPhone11, CIQ, and use Tandem Tconnect. It doesn’t have the features of some of the other apps have but I use it so I can see my numbers easily without getting tons of alerts (some people use multiple tracking apps - using just this one is my personal preference). The only times I have connection issues seem to be when I’m away from my phone for a while (how long makes a difference I don’t know) - when I come back I get a very dim screen and the number does not match what’s on my pump. I called tech support recently and they asked me to call back when I was having the problem “live” so they could do some analysis - I haven’t done that, but I do think it’s a separation issue. Readings between pump and the app sync up quickly once they’re back together.
Since I use my pump as my receiver I do not use Dexcom.Clarity.

1 Like

@Hen51 ,

Most of use our phones as primary display devices or data relay devices. If you use an Apple device, iOS 15 was released 20 September.
I have installed the upgrade and tested it against:
(1) t:Connect version 1.5
(2) Dexcom G6 version 1.9.0
(3) Dexcom Clarity 2.15.2
(4) Sugarmate 2.6.23
(5) Tidepool v3.1.3
(6) Dissend 1.12.1

Additionally, I have updated my Series 3 watch to WatchOS 8. No issues.

My testing checked the phone apps for normal app function.

I to am interested in hearing from others about their experience with the Apple architecture.

1 Like

FWIW I’ve had iPhones for years and haven’t had any issues I can recall when I upgraded my phone, although to be honest I believe there was an issue with an old IOS version and one of the diabetes apps (I don’t recall if it was TCONNECT) - it wasn’t compatible so you couldn’t download it. Since that was resolved the only issue I’ve had is the one I need earlier, which may be user error.
I can’t give any personal testimony for other apps or Apple Watch but when the time comes to replace my current iPhone I have I find my apps work fine with new phones and updates.

1 Like