Paleo

Anyone on here follow the Paleo Diet??? I have been doing CrossFit for a while and they recommend the Paleo Diet. Just wasn't sure how well it would work for a Diabetic. Getting the book for Christmas but always try to get opinions from other Type 1's when trying something different. Thanks.

Pat follows Paleo. He also does CrossFit. I'm sure he would love to chat with you about it. He's out of town for the next couple weeks, so he probably won't be on Juvenation, but he can talk to you when he gets back.

From a dietitian's point of view, I will tell you we absolutely hate the Paleo diet and think it's irresponsible, bordering on dangerous. Long term deprivation of carbs can lead to many, many complications within the body (some serious, some not so much). It's up to you to decide whether or not to try it out/stick with it. I just encourage you to fully investigate every angle of the diet as well as educate yourself. 

Good luck with whatever you choose. We're here to help you :o)

I was on the paleo for a while, but I also found it quite hard to manage while being a diabetic as the carbs are really minimal except for fruits. I was going low left right and center, so now I kind of go half and half and skip unhealthy or flat carbs like white bread and go with really nutrient-dense whole grans etc. It seems to work for me :)