Ouch!

This is the first time this has happened to me....I have a cold so when I am sleeping at night, I have been tossing and turning the past few nights. Well last night, I was moving around so much that I ripped out my infusion site :( I decided to wait a few hours until it was time to wake up to change it but I'm not sure if that was the right move and I feel silly for calling my doctor for such a small question. Has this happened to anyone else??? What do you do??

Sorry you're feeling so bad.  

I've not ripped my pump site out, but I have run out of insulin in the middle of the night.  You can get up and put a new site in or just wait till morning and take a shot to quickly correct the high.

It has happened to me so many times. One time it happened and I had to go to the hospital the next morning because I didn't get insulin for hours!! Causing me to get ketones. It was terrible.

Personally, If I noticed I pulled it out I would have put it back in right away, because I am so paranoid of ketones. That seems like the right thing to do. What did your doctor say?

If your site is removed you are not getting insulin!  Check your BG with a meter, do a new infusion site and get good rest!

Good Luck!

I have never pull a site out as I usually keep my pump in my PJ bottoms pocket.

Oddly Gina, I too am always nervous when I burn ketones.  I went to my doctor about 2 years ago because I was burning ketones and my BG was normal.  He looked at me as said something like .... everyone burns ketones, esp if you restrict carbs.  I normally limit carbs, but I don't avoid them.  He really gave me  ariot at for being concerned.  

None the less, I soon found a new doctor.

Scott