On the blogging scene

Hello there,

I’m a newbie on the platform but was keen to pop on here.

I have Type 1 diabetes. I was diagnosed when I was 17 years old in 2020 as a sixth form student in Malaysia. My incredible family helped me navigate my new lifestyle and encouraged me to start blogging about my Type 1 so I began writing.

There were so many quirky experiences of what Type 1 entailed living in Malaysia as an expat teenager. I can confidently say that these stories have only grown since moving abroad and taking on the role of a university fresher.

I am taking Type 1 in my stride and feel stronger than ever. It is already such a huge part of my existence so why not embrace it by sharing my stories with you?

Nothing would make me happier if you could have a read and I’d really appreciate the support. I hope in the process I am able to inject a smile onto your face. Happy reading.

https://insulearning.com/

Insulearning with Antonia

1 Like

@InsulearningwithAnto Hi Antonia, and a warm welcome to the JDRF TypeOneNation Forum! We are happy to have you here and I look forward to seeing you writing frequently.

Offering an observation from a guy who has lived with diabetes for 65 years, I’m thinking that with your very positive embrace of your diabetes that you will go far. Positive thinking is in my thought the only way to live.

Over the years, I’ve come to understand that Autoimmune Diabetes, TypeOne, can not be controlled, but that it can be very effectively managed so that we can live our life’s dreams and accomplish great things. We can rule diabetes and not let it dictate limitations to us.

1 Like

@Dennis Hello Dennis,
Thank you for the warm welcome and your very thoughtful response. It has brightened my day

1 Like