OmniPod?

So i'm looking into the OmniPod. One of my friends has it and loves it. Any comments, tips or anything else i should know about it??

By the way i play select softball and volleyball (i dive, slide, and "get dirty" a lot) and that might play into my decison.

Hey Brooke,

My 14 year old daughter has been on the OmniPod since last April, and she plays softball and swims.  We haven't had any problems with it during softball.  We do put extra tape on it, but sliding isn't a problem.  It has come off once or twice in the pool, but my daughter was swimming for hours.  It's not perfect, though.  Sometimes the pods don't work at all, and sometimes the canula doesn't go in enough and she gets high blood sugars for what seems like no reason.  But, regular pumps have these kinds of problems too.  If you're on shots, my daughter says the OmniPod is WAY better than shots.  She says it doesn't hurt most of the time, but sometimes it hurts a little bit more than shot when you insert it. But, for the most part, we love it.  Most of the time, people don't realize she's wearing it, and when she uses the PDM, it just looks like she's texting someone.  If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.  (We didn't know ANYONE using this when she started, except for Nick Jonas!)

Serena

May I ask what kind of extra tape do you use? We have a problem with the pod falling off during DDR dancing from perspiring.

Other than that,  the Omnipod is a wonderful product. Thank you.

Yeah, I am curious to know about the tape, too...  Come on insiders, give it up!