Hi!

I've been diabetic for 13 years (since jr high), and I've never really been friends with another T1.  (I went to science camp, not diabetes camp, I'm just that dorky). Here's hoping that changes on this site.

Kate

Well welcome to Juvenation your gonna love everyone on here and have a great time talking to everyone. You are gonna love the blogs/forums and pretty much engage in all of them, you will also find alot of help from other diabetics.. Again welcome to wonderful website of Juvenation!!!

Hi Kate! Welcome to the site :)

Hi Kate,

I was in high school when I was diagnosed.  I just joined this site yesterday and like you have never been friends with another T1.  It has been 18 years of fighting by myself it seemed.  I have already had very helpful conversations here.  Welcome!!

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome! Poking around it already seems like a very welcoming place.  I look forward to joining in!

Hello

Yay, new people!  *confetti*

HI KATE!

Im new too and im in the same boat, I dont know very many T1's either!

welcome!

send me a message anytime (:

Peace

Hilary

Welcome to all the new people.  Like all of you, I never knew any other T1s.   Now I have what feels like a million more friends.  This site has been great for me -- convinced me to switch the a pump, after 9 years of injections.  I had been adamently against a pump for so long!  But I am glad I made the switch.

:-)

I was like that too but pumps make life so much easier what pump are you looking into?

[quote user="Kate"]

Hi!

I've been diabetic for 13 years (since jr high), and I've never really been friends with another T1.  (I went to science camp, not diabetes camp, I'm just that dorky). Here's hoping that changes on this site.

Kate

[/quote]

what do you mean?  science camp isn't dorky!

Kate,

Welcome, I am sure that if you come here willingly with an open mind you will make some friends here. There is nothing more exciting than meeting new people. I have made some really nice friends here, which has been great. Not to mention some people crack me up. I warn you, you may want to make sure you bring your sense of humor with you though. We tend to joke around alot.

don't listen to Brian....we're completely serious here.  no jokes...EVER!  sooooooo not allowed...

just kidding

we also get sarcastic some times too!

Lol, my point exactly. Humor is good. We do have a serious side though when it is needed.

If there was no humor here, I don't think I could survive.  If you can't take a joke in my family, you are in serious trouble.

Well, Kate, you shall fit quite nicely in our crazy family on here!  We have our momma bear, and kid brother.  We even have that crazy uncle who you don't want to leave the teenage girls alone with!  Oh wait...i got sidetracked  by my own family... um...er...

Which one am I supposed to be?

Yeah, darn it.... which one am I?

[quote user="Kim"]

[/quote]

You're my favorite sister...but shhhhh...don't tell the others!

[quote user="since030993"]

[quote user="Kim"]

[/quote]

You're my favorite sister...but shhhhh...don't tell the others!

[/quote]

Haha.... woohoo!