New to the group

Hello everyone my name is Doug. My wife made me join and I was very hesitant to register, but here I’am. I have been diabetic for about six years now and it feels as if it has been a century. Futhermore this has been a battle I have been fighting everyday and it felt as if I were alone. From what I can see in this group on the other hand is that in fact it’s quite the oppostie of my pre convinced notion. Here I feel at ease with my illness and I can’t be grateful enough for that.

hi @Re-silient,
hey welcome, even if your wife made you =)

glad you found us and I am glad you don’t feel as alone. I had felt alone and isolated for decades. T1 for 37ish years now. anyway we are here, feel free to reach out and nice to meet you.

Joe

The best part of a support group like this is to know that we are not alone. People who do not have diabetes can try to understand how difficult it is to manage and what a low really feels like, but when we talk to each other, we really know. I am glad to have others to talk to and for the advice and encouragement. Keep talking, I am listening and also need friends who understand.