New to 670g

I’m very frustrated w the Medtronic 670g pump. I have a lot of detecting sensor issues. Medtronic themselves really don’t try hard enough to predict problems and share how to solve them. For that I’m thankful for folks like you here who care about others.

Thank you. You have been a light guiding me out of frustrations.

1 Like

hello @Shampoo.Jones SJ welcome to the Type One Nation forum. There are a few members here that have the 670 with varying levels of success. I want to add my 2 cents: the CGM transmitter can be at fault when the pump can’t find or detect the CGM… sometimes it takes several calls to Medtronic to get them to replace the CGM transmitter - and that part will be up to you and how long you can stand being put “on hold”.

That being said, the pump works without the sensor and so having a good pre-programmed basal rate and knowing and testing that your carb ratios are good, will help you for when the feedback is not operating.

I hope you have access to all the resources you need, pump programming is a bit of an advanced subject and so if you are new to pumping or newly diagnosed it is something to focus on. A CDE and pump trainer can get you to a point where all the manual settings are right - but I must say that it took several months when I started pumping to get the thing to behave itself.

good luck and please reach out if you are having any specific problems…

Hi Shampoo.Jone SJ Welcome to the forum. I’ve been using the 670 for about a year. Not a real big fan… I have learned a couple things from talking to various medtronics reps multiple times over the year. Their customer service is hit or miss some read from a script and don’t have a real clue other than spouting company nonsense. Some do understand and can help. Issues with sensors usually tend to come from inadequate blood /interstitial fluid supply. Also if i accidentally hit one the wrong way and the tape job comes even a little loose it causes similar issues. I am relatively lean and do have some scar tissue from injecting insulin for more than 40 years. It took me a lot of trial and error before i found spots where the sensors will work reliably and last a week. I tried using the back of the arm for the first few but the amount of contortion was a pain and they would not work reliably for more than a couple days. I then switched to the abdomen but ran into issues with scar tissue and not having enough real estate for both them and infusion sets… Currently I am putting them on my butt and that seems to work the best for me

Hi Joe,

You might want to check out the “CGM burnout” thread. A lot of issues like yours are discussed there. I would agree with the people on this thread that Medtronic customer support is a joke - I can’t believe they get away with such poor service.
Nicole