NEW Electronic Device for Carb/Calorie/Exercise Logging!

My son has had Type 1 Diabetes for 5 years (he is 15 now) and as you know it changes your life overnight in many ways.  With all the challenges that diabetes brings, I have been looking for a device that would 'simplify' carb counting....well I have found it!!  My goal is to share this great device with others to help simplify their diabetes management with carbs, calories, and exercise.  It has over 50,000 foods, 250 restaurants, as well as many exercises.  You can also customize the device to your foods/exercise!  The device will track calories and exercise to help you reach your weight loss goals.  If you are interested in learning more about this product you can go to: http://dmd.coheso.com  .   We use the 'Track3' everyday and love it!  Hopefully some of you will find it to be helpful with your diabetes/weight management. 

Wow, that is really neat!

Thank-you so much for sharing this valuable information!  I am definitely interested!  Do you know if this is something new on the market or has it just been kept hidden from the rest of us?!?

Hi Nad!  Yes this is a NEW device and it is not on 'the market' anywhere except 'online'!  This is why I am trying to reach out and share it with as many people as possible.....please let me know if you have any questions....I will be happy to talk with you!  I am so excited about being a part of 'helping others' thru this device.....anything to help 'simplify' the challenges that come with diabetes.....a portion of the proceeds also go to Diabetes Charities, such as JDRF!  Hope to hear from you again!  Have a great day!

Hi Joseph!  YES, the Track3 is really neat.....there is alot of data packed in one little device!!  We have really enjoyed using it daily to look up carbs especially......you can save favorites and meals, so it makes it easy to look up foods!  The software also comes in handy to share with health providers, etc..... I hope to help out others by sharing this information!  Have a great day...

Dar, I have a feeling you can provide better information than the company reps themselves!  How large is the display screen?  And the actual writing?  These may seem like strange questions, but my eyesight is not that great anymore, partially due to aging (tomorrow is my 40th birthday) and partially because of the vitrectomies I had a few years ago following my diagnosis of diabetic retinopathy.  Thanks for the info! 

Dar,

Wow that is cool and can be so useful to so many people. Thanks for sharing it!

Nad....the device is small measuring  2.5" x 4.25" and the screen itself measures about  1.5" x 2"....The screen is backlit as well! I have to wear my 'magnifiers' when I am using it!!!  (I am 51! )   The reason for the size being smaller is to make it covenient to take in a purse or pocket.  Did you look at it on the website?  You can 'click' on the Track3 photo and it will enlarge it for you to look at!

I hope I have been of help....oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!  Hope your day is filled with whatever makes you happy!

Gina,

I do hope others will find the devices as useful as I have..... Glad to be able to share!

I have found this information useful. Im 15 too so I guess its better that using your brain too much on things you dont know. This will help me with avoiding low and highs wiht insulin over or under dose. Thanks!

thanks dar :)

i might have to look into getting it as an early bday present from the 'rents(it's a bit pricy..almost costs the same as my monthly car insurance payment!)! i hate carb counting(i refused for a good 4years before my endo insisted I at least learn about it and give it a shot..and he hasn't let me stop haha) and usually end up guessing..cuz the person who taught it to me was REALLY unorganized and confusing!

Batts just what we need more technology lol

Batts....don't we all hate 'carb counting'.....that's why I wanted to find something that was convenient and easier than looking everything up in those books!  We all know that it's a challenge, but that it's best to know the carbs for proper insulin dosing and management!   The device will save favorites/meal/recipes....so that makes it nice too!  You endo will love it because you can print out your reports and show him!  Hopefully your parents will agree to the 'early Bday present'!!  Good luck.....

Hi Cesar!  I'm glad you found the information helpful and I hope you will be able to use it like my son, J.L.!  He likes to use 'his brain' too and 'guesstimate' on carbs....but we all know what is best for you with your insulin dosing!  Are you on a pump?  The Track3 can also keep track of blood glucose, insulin, etc. for your records!  If you have any other questions, let me know! 

I am on a pump! The Omnipod. Its going great with that! Its very helpfull. I gueesstimate too. Lol thats funny. Around how much for the Track3? If u have any questions about the Omnipod ill be glad to help.. :)

JL is on the MiniMed pump!  The Track3 is $79.99....with no shipping or sales tax!  Did you have a chance to go to the website to look at it?  The cases are $5.95.   I think the 'time you save' and it's convenience makes it worth the money spent!  A portion of the proceeds goes to Diabetes Charities, such as JDRF! 

Wow, I bet it is. Good thing that they donate to JDRF! Is JL only on the minimed, or minimed with the continuous BG monitoring? Cases can come in handy.. :)

[quote user="Gina"]

Batts just what we need more technology lol

[/quote]

haha amen. ugh. technology. my bag is paked enough carrying about the meter case and the cosmestic bag i use for my needles and insulin!!

[quote user="dar"]

Batts....don't we all hate 'carb counting'.....that's why I wanted to find something that was convenient and easier than looking everything up in those books!  We all know that it's a challenge, but that it's best to know the carbs for proper insulin dosing and management!   The device will save favorites/meal/recipes....so that makes it nice too!  You endo will love it because you can print out your reports and show him!  Hopefully your parents will agree to the 'early Bday present'!!  Good luck.....

[/quote]

nah my endo isn't into those graphs and stuff. he threw out the papers i printed off from the computer when i downloaded the info from my meter.
its a lot of money for them to spend and same with me, so we'll see. i don't really need it, but it might help..though another step to take before i can eat food is not something i would look forward to.

Cesar....JL is only on the Minimed pump....we have a BG monitor, but he is just not wanting another device attached to him at this time...it will have to be his choice I guess.  It sure would be nice though to help with his lows/highs!  I've heard good things about the Omnipod....JL tried it, but ended up with Minimed instead.   He still has his challenges with the pump, but for the most part it has been so much easier!

Yeah, Omnipod can be very complex at times.. I think im gonna get the Track3! It looks so neat! Thanks Dar!!