New at this forum thing

I just discovered Juvenation about a week ago! I enjoy reading and commenting with my own experiences. During my honeymoon phase my PCP thought I was type2 and treated me like so for a whole year. It was a rollercoaster of a year, let me tell ya! He finally started me on Levemir in Nov. 09 and sent me to my Endo. Dec. 01 2009 she diagnosed me with type 1 and started me completely on insulin. A few months later I recieved my pump and I love it! I spent the majority of last year depressed and trying to ignore the fact I had diabetes. So my A1c was 11.8 just a couple weeks ago. I had quit checking my bs and I was eating whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. After that visit I prayed that God would give me the strength and provide me with the knowledge I needed to take care of myself! All I can say is prayer answered! The past two weeks have been great, and I have brought my bs down significantly! I am eating wayyyyy better! Most of all I feel great!!! I am glad to come here and see that there are other people out there dealing with the same things I'm dealing with. Knowing that I'm not alone comforts me and I am glad that I have somewhere to share what I'm dealing with and could possibly help someone else in the process!!!

Welcome Kristen! This site has been amazing for me too. A lot of us have dealt with depression and "bad" control times. (Let's not talk about my a1c's in middle school, lol). So, I agree it's so motivating to see people who have turned things around and are living healthy. I hope things continue to look up for you.

Thanks. I have had a bit of a "high" day today. I woke up this morning and my site had been pulled out. Good thing it was time to change it. LOL.

Kristin-

I understand where you're coming from.  I had been just going through the motions with my D care for the past couple years, until I found Juvenation a couple months ago.  Getting involved in the DOC has really helped me too.  It's a wonderful community!  Check out some blogs, too.  I've found those very helpful.  Several Juvenators have blogs, like Gina, Kim, C, and Elizabeth, just to name a few.  Welcome!

Welcome to Juvenation, Kristin! If there is anything you need from us, we are here to help you. I can't tell you how many times this site has helped me. I've completely revamped my d-care since joining Juvenation. They're (the members are) like another family to me!