Needing G5 Sensors for child I

Hi everyone I wanted to see if anyone was in need of a G5 Transmitter its brand new I had to purchase two together to get a better price so
I have an extra one but Im really needing
G5 sensors for my child so wanted to see if anyone would be willing to trade me for a couple of sensors . Or if anyone has any G5 sensors that they are not using even if they are expired I can use them so I can keep my child’s CGM going which would be a
Blessing ! I would be very grateful!!

If anyone needs a transmitter please reach out to me especially if you don’t mind trading me for a couple of sensors . Thank you so
Much

Hi @martcl711. You are so kind to trade a transmitter! I just wanted to make sure you knew, the G5 is being “phased out” starting with transmitters in June according to the article attached.
Not to want to take away your altruism but you may want to keep the second transmitter until you have the G6. I get 2 transmitters at a time with my insurance and I had to wait for the warranties to expire before I upgraded, so you might want to hold onto it to possibly avoid going out of pocket. I don’t know if they make exceptions due to the coming deadline but it may be something to consider.
Your choice what to do of course - I just wanted to make sure you had information. And again please confirm with Dexcom for yourself as to dates and warranty details, and thank you for your generosity.

Thank you for trying to be helpful I do appreciate that and yes I did know about the G5 going away but I’ve continued having him on that model because I have to pay out of pocket for dexcom especially now with no

Insurance coverage right now . Thank you though.

Thank you for trying to be helpful I do appreciate that and yes I did know about the G5 going away but I’ve continued having him on that model because I have to pay out of pocket for dexcom especially now with no

Insurance coverage right now . Thank you though.

| wadawabbit Dorie Member with T1D
May 13 |

• | - |

Hi @martcl711. You are so kind to trade a transmitter! I just wanted to make sure you knew, the G5 is being “phased out” starting with transmitters in June according to the article attached.
Not to want to take away your altruism but you may want to keep the second transmitter until you have the G6. I get 2 transmitters at a time with my insurance and I had to wait for the warranties to expire before I upgraded, so you might want to hold onto it to possibly avoid going out of pocket. I don’t know if they make exceptions due to the coming deadline but it may be something to consider.
Your choice what to do of course - I just wanted to make sure you had information. And again please confirm with Dexcom for yourself as to dates and warranty details, and thank you for your generosity.

diaTribe – 14 Apr 20

Dexcom Will Discontinue G4 and G5 CGM Systems in the United States

This June, Dexcom will stop selling G4 Platinum and G5 CGM transmitters; the Dexcom Share 2 application will cease working. Starting in 2021, you will not be able to download the Dexcom Studio app. This is all a way to clear the way for Dexcom’s G7

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

I have a box of 3 G5 sensors that I can send to you. My son got them right before he switched to the G6 so they are yours if you want them. Just let me know where to send them.

That would be wonderful Lorie do you need my address

Hi Crystal,

I have some Dexcom G5 Mobile/G4 PLATINUM Sensors that I would be happy to donate to you if you are still in need of them. They expired on 11-03-18. I have 14 of them. My 14 year old daughter has T1D and just got a new Dexcom G6. I live near Greensboro, NC and I see you live in NC too. No need to trade anything. I am happy to “pay it forward”! Just let me know and I will pop them in the mail ASAP. All The Best, Cheryl

Continuing the discussion from Needing G5 Sensors for child I can trade you:

Hi I’m sorry I’m having some trouble with sending message so if this goes through twice I apologize .
I do have someone sending me two sensors but if your not going to use them for your daughter I would be very grateful to get them and would reimburse you shipping . I thought it was neat that your so close by . My son is 12 and will be 13 in July so our kids are close in age.

This really means so much Thank you thank you!

My address is
264 Holly Hills Rd
Cameron NC 28326

I can pay you back for shipping through pay pal if you send me your address . I will also try and message you tomorrow on the number you gave me . Thank you for your kindness and I hope your daughter is doing well : )

Great! I can put this package in the mail tomorrow. Should I address the package to you? If so, what is your last name? No need to pay me for the postage. Just happy to be able to help someone out during this crazy time.

Hi Again, I had someone send me a text message this morning asking me if I had any more G5 sensors. Apparently, her daughter uses the G5 and it has been tough for her to get any. So, I will send you 8 sensors and send her 6 sensors. Thanks. Cheryl