Need help with picking a pump for my daughter

I'm on the Omnipod, and have been for about 3 weeks.  So far so good!  I was on Minimed for about 10 years, and while it served me well, am relieved about not dealing with the stress of having a $5000 piece of machinery attached at all times.  As someone that is outdoors a lot, a disposable pod was ideal (they even have a recycle program) and alleviated the stress of having to be cautious about breaking it. 

As far as customer service goes, for about the past year or so I haven't been as happy with Minimed- received my first call on how I was doing with the pump (again after 10 years on it), after I switched.   And was pretty disappointed with them about how they dealt with their recall. I had some botched infusion sets- ruined a day swimming, and didn't know about the issue of recalls until I got a letter in the mail after I had been out of town for work.  Also always having to call rather than email for help (non-urgent)  with the Minimed, not so with the Omnipod.  I have the email for a local representative if I am in a tight spot with supplies or need a loaner PDM.  For me that was a big deal.  One definite con so far is that I have hit the pod off several times when I first started on it.  I could see that being an issue with a younger child.  But some pluses when dealing with a child on it, you can program the bolus if you made them a lunch, so all they have to do is press that.  I would imagine that is for older children, or if a school nurse it administering it that could be good.

I have been on the minimed paradigm for about seven years now.  It is really worth it to me.  From experience with my other diabetic friends I would say that the biggest deal is the user-friendly aspect of it.  You will know everything about how to use it in the first five minutes.   I am really hard on my pumps so I have broken it twice and the people at minimed have been awesome about sending out a new one without any hassle as long as I am under warranty.  It is also water-resistant so even though they don't advise swimming with it, accidental dropping will most likely be alright.  I have uber sensitive skin so I change my site about every two days, but I have found that I don't require any additional addhesive with the minimed infusion sets which is awesome because they mainly irritated my skin.  The bolus wizard is nice, but I generally do the math in my head since I have a really easy ratio so I can't vouch much for it.  I am eighteen now so I did use this pump as a child and it has always been dependable and easy to use.