Money Saving?

Not really diabetes related, but that's ok...

Any one have any good money saving ideas?  Since most college students are broke... I am on a work term right now but heading back into 8 months of school in the fall and starting to stress about money! 

Hey Heather...I think that is one of the most stressful things about uni. sometimes!! I'm a student now, and a few things i did last year that helped out a bit were:

1. shop at the cheaper grocery stores instead of the fancier ones...you end up saving LOADS (im from canada, but if it means anything to you, for example shopping at no frills instead of metro)

2. I don't really drink alcohol so that saved me loads of money.

3. look into buying your textbooks used from other students....my university sets up an online classified page where students can post their old books for sale...if you can get those you can save hundreds....textbooks are SO expensive!

Hope that helps! If i think of anything else, ill let you know! Try not to stress toooo much...if it really came down to it, you could always look into a part time job on campus!!!! 

Definitely agree with the textbooks!  I usually buy mine from friends that had the class already or look up people selling them on craigslist or ebay and end up spending half as much (sometimes on a new book) than a used one from the bookstore. 

Not sure if this is an option for your or not but I'm still living at home.  My school is only 20-25 minutes from my house so I commute back and forth.  Whenever I want to stay at school overnight my friends let me stay in their dorm/apartment.  That's probably the biggest way I've been able to save money.  I want to move out but I'd rather live home and have money than move out and be broke lol

[quote user="Virginia"]

1. shop at the cheaper grocery stores instead of the fancier ones...you end up saving LOADS (im from canada, but if it means anything to you, for example shopping at no frills instead of metro)

2. I don't really drink alcohol so that saved me loads of money.

[/quote]

Haha I am from Canada too:)

I agree with not drinking saving a lot of money!!