Menstrual Cycle and Insulin

Question ladies: My blood sugar has been around 150ish for the past month. The problem is now it's in the mid 250's. Is that a normal fluctuation during a menstrual cycle? Is here anything I can do to prevent/avoid this issue. I am not on a pump. Help Please!

For me, my blood sugars are actually a lot lower when I have my period, but I think thats because I'm on bc. I would suggest talking to your endo about increasing your long lasting insulin while you are on your period to help balance out the highs. A slight increase should help the situation.

if you go to the "groups" tab and check out the "women only" group, you'll find quite a few threads about this. it's a little more private there ;o)

[quote user="C"]

if you go to the "groups" tab and check out the "women only" group, you'll find quite a few threads about this. it's a little more private there ;o)

[/quote]

Brick: "I read somewhere that their periods attract bears. The bears can smell the menstruation."
Brian: "Well, that's just great. You hear that, Ed? Bears. Now you're putting the whole station in jeopardy."

Sorry, couldn't resist :)

Hahahaha!  Pat, you're ridiculous :)

Haha, Pat, that made my day!! :D

Ignore Pat, he's having PMS. (;

It is common to run high right before your period and low once you get it. But, it really depends on the person like everything else.

Even if you're not on a pump, you can talk to your endo about raising your basal (i.e., long acting like Lantus or Levemir) during that time of the month.

Also, everyone I now around me is sick right now. Are you fighting something? That makes me high too.

[quote user="Sarah"]

Ignore Pat, he's having PMS. (;

It is common to run high right before your period and low once you get it. But, it really depends on the person like everything else.

Even if you're not on a pump, you can talk to your endo about raising your basal (i.e., long acting like Lantus or Levemir) during that time of the month.

Also, everyone I now around me is sick right now. Are you fighting something? That makes me high too.

[/quote]

I'm spotting...should probably test if I'm preggo :P

Just a few thoughts:

1. I should be nowhere near this forum.
2. I should never have looked at this forum.
3. Pat should have stayed out of this forum.
4. I should get out of this forum now.
5. Pat should get out of this forum if he is a man. If not he should continue with his advice.
6. Please excuse me for intruding.
7. Pat you're pregnant? Who's the lucky guy?

Must leave...I can feel my masculinity dissipating. *GASP*

Seriously Pat we should bail out of this forum. If we cross the woman boundary, who knows what could happen to us. RUN PAT! and don't forget your tuque!

It's too late for both of us. Wow why am I wearing a dress? I knew staying in this forum too long would have consequences. My nails...why are they painted red? My hair it's so long and shiny now. Must go watch violent explosive action movies to reverse the damage before it becomes permanent.

HAAAAAAAAAAAA. enough of that now. *giggles*

Birth control can also affect your blood sugars. Mine tend to run a little higher, then the week I'm not wearing any they drop quite a bit. That could be contributing as well if you use any kind of BC.

ROFL