Inspiring Quotes?

Hey,

I was just thinking, any one have any inspiring quotes that help them deal with diabetes? We've all heard what doesnt kill us makes us stronger, but how about some others? :)

OH, MAN! ... you might regret asking me this question ...

i should also warn you that i love eleanor roosevelt. every time she opened her mouth, something inspirational came out. let me give you a few dandies that i particularly enjoy (they may or may not be d-related)...

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

"As for accomplishments, I just did what I had to do as things came along."

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't."

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' We must do that which we think we cannot."

"You have to accept whatever comes and the only important thing is that you meet it with courage and with the best that you have to give."

And... of course... (classic C quote) "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

i have many, many, many other quotes from many, many, many people. but i'll let someone else contribute as well :D (I LOVE QUOTES!) <3

I will provide one for now, and its my personal favorite, " You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." by Jon Kabat-Zinn.  

I one I like is "Diabetes dont have I have diabetes" I cant rember who said it

"Everything in moderation..."

"A flute with no holes is not a flute. And a doughnut with no hole is a Danish" - Ty Webb

/na na na na na na na

yes! Thank you Pat

My three favorite diabetes quotes are:

The art of managing diabetes is one half science and one half voodoo. - Barry Braun

Going to the moon - that was good. The insulin pump is better. - Barry Braun

and my signature - When you have a good day, take the credit. When you have a bad day, blame the disease and vow to do better tomorrow.  - James Hirsch, from the book Cheating Destiny (which ya'll should read. It's fascinating, brilliantly written, and full of great stories.)

here's one:   Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - discrepancies in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time, but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.

One of my favorite songs of all time mentions Eleanor Roosevelt. It's a sad tune by a brilliant singer songwriter named John Gorka. It's about how his dad met her when he was recovering in a hospital in WWII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47DBYC5XT7k

I like this one... "My disease does not define me. It's a part of who I am and what I will become.  I am not alone.  This will only make me stronger."

Just wanted to say that I'm really liking these quotes! I might have to write a couple down in my logbook to keep me motivated :D

Weeping may endure for a night, but tomorrow is a new day. 

"Welcome to Earf" - Capt Stephen Hiller - Independence Day

"Oh, this your wife, huh? A lovely lady. Hey baby, you must've been something before electricity." Al Czervik - Caddyshack

Humor can be very inspirational :P

If you think about disaster, you will get it. Brood about death and you hasten your demise. Think positively and masterfully, with confidence and faith, and life becomes more secure, more fraught with action, richer in achievement and experience.
- Swami Vivekananda

From the book War As I Knew It by George S. Patton:  "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do, and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."

From the film Patton:  "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

*edit* heh heh the filter replaced the word for illegitimate child

Vivekananda is the icon for youth for inspiration, one can have a boost of confidence through his quotes, find some of his best collection:- vivekananda inspirational quotes