Inspire

My 13 yr. daughter was diagnosed in mid-February. At the hospital, the first thing out of her mouth was concerns about soccer. Having played since she was four and now playing at our states premier level she was very worried. After a few mild workouts to begin figuring out her body, she played in a one day, three game tourney. She played better than I can ever remember. Leaving no doubt in her coach’s mind, she played ALL of the three games. She took care of herself before and after games and never got too high or to low until the evening. With this being so new to our family it is inspiring to watch a 13 yr old girl take control and never give up on her goals and dreams. Not even for a couple of days. I have never been so proud. It is her mission to prove the nah-sayers wrong, Play at the highest level, and INSPIRE anyone watching. This was all three weeks after being diagnosed and she is only getting stronger and more confidant. Don’t let anything hold you back.

Thanks,
One proud dad

Congrats! Hopefully she can keep that great attitude and not let diabetes hold her back.

I wish her the BEST and my heart goes to you.