I cannot stand this

Ok so i was on Yahoo Answers answering peoples questions about diabetes..she was asking if she may have Type 1 or not and she was listing her symptoms and such...this was one of the answers to her question which i hate hearing......"darling you only get diabetes if your obese which apparently your not!
it's period pains! stop worrying!!!!"

Just hang in there.  Keep spreading the word.

Debra

oh yea..i love educating people on diabetes

omg that sounds like funnn...i might do that and help you on there

Hey Isaac..yea dude its preey neat..especially the questions that people ask...

hahahhaahahahahahahahahah

i WISH it was just period pains.

so do i, but how would men explain that they have their periods? LOL

evolution.

[quote user="C"]

evolution.

[/quote]

LOL

this post has become all out awesome

That really gets me mad that people think you face to be over weight to have diabetes.

But I love helpng people I some times go up to the hospital and help kids who just found out they have it

I kinda been through it all my blood sugar was 1097 when I was tested for diabetes and I got plenty of stories of trips to the hospital that I tell them and they promise me they won't let kids get to them.

Cause my friends called me weird for taking injections and so I stopped taking them and was medivated to the ER with a bloodsugar of over 700

HAHA..If i ever got a period then i believe i would have something WAY worse than diabetes!! haha...And i never really thought about taking time to talk to newly diagnosed kids at the hospital..something to look in too.

[quote user="Michelle"]

That really gets me mad that people think you face to be over weight to have diabetes.

But I love helpng people I some times go up to the hospital and help kids who just found out they have it

I kinda been through it all my blood sugar was 1097 when I was tested for diabetes and I got plenty of stories of trips to the hospital that I tell them and they promise me they won't let kids get to them.

Cause my friends called me weird for taking injections and so I stopped taking them and was medivated to the ER with a bloodsugar of over 700

[/quote]

I think it'd be really cool to talk to newly diagnosed kids :)  Maybe you should find a different group of friends if they are going to call you weird because you have to take injections to survive.  Friends are supposed to be caring and supportive, not send you to the ER!

Omg!!!! I believe i seen this same thing!!!! I was reallllly frustrated by it!!!!!!!

oh wow

i really hate when people think they know more then the person who actually going through it every day.

but you just gotta remember sometimes that we were that  person one day before we had diabetes, we had no clue but we thought we did.

but it is verrryyy frustrating