How type 1 diabetes effects children and young adults and older adults

Hi, I’m Neve Jones, I have been type one diabetic since I was 7 years old and I’m currently a college student doing my second year of level 3 health and social care. As part of my course I have to conduct my own research and have decided to do mine based on how type one diabetes effects children and young adults.
I have created a survey in order to conduct this research and I would like to post it in this forum for people to answer, the survey will be completely confidential and please don’t feel like you have to do it, only answer if you 100% wish to.
Theres 10 questions to answer, add as much or as little detail as you like and only tell me what you’re comfortable with telling me
Thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to answer my survey, I really do appreciate it.

Done, I’m an older adult so I hope it helped.

I replied! I was diagnosed at age 10 and have had it for 25+ years now.

Thank you so much for your response to my survey and helping me out with my research, I really appreciate it.
I hope you keep well and keep managing your diabetes, you’re doing amazing.
Love, Neve💙

1 Like

Thank you so much for answering, it really had helped me get a wider picture on how it effects people and not just myself…
I hope you’re keeping well and managing your diabetes💙x

Do you still want/need responses? I was diagnosed at 12, but that was a very long time ago.

Of course, I’d be happy for you to respond, the more the merrier.

Will do. Just wasn’t sure if the poll was closed, since it’s been over a month.

I completed the survey. I was diagnosed at 14 months old so my mother says, and going on 60 years years old in June.

Thank you so much, I hope you’re well💙x

I just completed the survey. Sorry I didn’t see this post sooner! Hope it helps!

Pam K

Hello @Tuskgg welcome to type one nation. I encourage you to read books, such as “Think Like a Pancreas “ and to seek out the help of a endocrinologist and CDE to learn all about type 1. You son’s biological mother, the agency or yourself could not have done anything to prevent Type 1. It is not even strongly genetic in family lines. Type 1 can develop any time from birth until 70-80 years old and there are rarely any early warning signs. I hope you have the support you need, the first year or so is strenuous but you will be very good at it soon.

1 Like