How long

So my husband and I have been trying for three years now. We both went and got tested. Both tests were normal! I am going to the doctor today to talk about being put on Clomid. I am already on metformin ( a diabetic drug, but also used for fertility). I am pretty scared right now. What are other people going through?

Hi Beth.

First, I have to say that I don't have diabetes, I just popped in to look at the group.

My mother and I have poly cystic ovarian disease (PCOD), which means we are/were infertile. We both took Chlomid. I only took it for 2 cycles and I got pregnant. My mom took it a little longer than that, but I can't remember how long.

The good news is that both of us only had to take it for our first pregnancy and we got pregnant a second and third time without ferility drugs.

I probably didn't help you, really, since your situation is so different than mine, but good luck!

My husband and I have been trying too.  I have type 1 for about 6 months now.  I recently had a bunch of blood work done and found out I have high testosterone levels... which makes me not ovulate.  So we are going to try Clomid.  I am really hoping it works because the thing I want most is to have children.  Best of luck  to you!!

Hi Beth, After 10 years of taking temps, metformin, clomid, invasive testing, IVF and more my husband and I decided we were done waiting for that huge family we had always dreamt of, and looked at adoption.

We now have adopted three amazing children out of the US foster care system- where there are thousands of children still waiting for families.

Check out www.adoptuskids.org or

http://www.davethomasfoundation.org/

Good Luck to you!  Many, many people have lots of luck w/ fertility treatment!

Angela