How Juvenation has helped you?

Hey im a Jdrf youth ambassador in my town and I have to write a article for a newsletter about juvenation has helped me and what I learned it's suppose to encourage others to use the site any Suggestions ? that would be great !

juvenation has been an opportunity for me to make friends, hear what others have to say, and voice my opinion. it's a place for me to come and talk about my diabetes. i have great family and friends whom i can talk about diabetes with, but i don't typically want to. here, i feel i can speak freely and openly.

I'm new to the whole thing, but Juvenation has helped me to know that we're not alone, and I'm not crazy.  While some of my friends who haven't been there may seem to think I'm being overprotective or hypersensitive about my son's diabetes, in Juvenation I've found a communitiy of parents in my position as well as people who have grown through it.  There are people in the community who are older kids who can help give me a perspective from the kid's view, and adults who have come through childhood and gone on to show that diabetes doesn't stop you from achieving.  I've also connected with a number of parents who are new like me, and others who have been through the ups and downs of the disease.  It's truly one of those things that, unless you've been there, you just don't get it.  You may try to get it, and you can certainly be supportive as family and friends, but if you haven't been there, you don't truly get the impact this has on the entire family.  Juvenation is a whole community of people who get it.  We're not alone, and that makes a world of difference.

This site helps me feel not so different and I am different. LOL Just kidding. This site has shown me that no matter the age or how long all us type 1's share common experiences, good and bad. We see the whole rainbow here. From the very young to the not so young, newbie and the long timers, we are all one!!!

People here have helped me deal with D better, I've made good friends and I love being here! I know i always have people to turn to here for help!

It has allowed me to connect with other diabetics that think like me and have had the same feelings about the disease that I have had in the past.  Before the site I was limited in my diabetic social network but now I've been able to communicate with diabetics across the globe.

being able to talk about issues with people who truly understand what you are talking about...