Hey

well jst found out im a terrible son bad friend and terrible person over all

don't believe everything you hear. :o)

well i totally ditched my friend today got into a car accident and die and my parents dont even acknowledged me anymore  

Hey Fred,

Your not a terrible person, don’t let anyone tell you that. Sometimes ppl can say such mean and hurtful things but just don’t let them get to you.

[quote user="Fred Dilsner "]

well i totally ditched my friend today got into a car accident and die and my parents dont even acknowledged me anymore  

[/quote]

your friend got into a car accident and died? if that's the case, be thankful you weren't a part of the accident. losing a friend is never easy (i lost a couple at 18 & 22, and other high school acquaintances since then). remembering the times you had together and chosing to make something of your life will make the grief a little easier to bear.

as a teenager and high schooler, i always felt like my parents either completely ignored me or were so deep into my business they may as well have been me. the truth is, every parent remembers what it was like to be your age and want to treat you differently than their parents did. it's hard to do. they might feel uninvolved, but maybe they're just trying to give you space to be free and be yourself. if you really feel like they are ignoring you, reach out to them. try talking to them, telling them about your day, letting them know what's going on in your life. they may not realize how you are feeling right now, so just being open to them and telling them might help to fix things.

life is tough - very tough. we all know that. take it in stride and remember if today doesn't go the way you want it to, you will have tomorrow to make it better. treat each day as a brand new gift. some people don't get tomorrows so we are lucky when another one comes our way :o)

thanks i really needed that jst thing havnt been going my way lately and its jst been one bad thing after another

i understand - we've all been there before. sometimes it just doesn't seem like it could get any worse. take some time for yourself, be with people who make you feel good, or do some activities you enjoy. sometimes just a little "me" time will help get you back on track. remember, things WILL get better, even if it doesn't seem like it. keep your chin up :o)

"Everything is okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

ya well thanks a bunch ill try and get some me time but with school and work its gona be hard

Hey Fred,

I understand sh!t gets rough from time to time and you like to have people around to help, but sometimes you have to help yourself. You can't always rely on other people for your happiness. Now, your family should be there for you, and I'm sure they are and you either don't know it or don't want to acknowledge it.

Other than making assumptions, have you tried talking to the people who you think are ditching or 'not caring' about you? Don't be confrontational, but ask if everything is ok in their world.

Hope stuff gets better for you

Pat,

i agree with u a need to take the situation into my own hands which i did today and there like ur diabetic and we did stuff that u could do so i was like watever and i dont care wat they do anymore if they want to ditch and use them lame ass excesses on me id care ill wait for college to find real friends

You don't need to wait for college to find new friends. Just be an openly nice and accepting person and people will see that and want to be your friend. Don't come off as stand offish or like you have to be someone you're not.

Just be yourself and see what happens. And as far as college, goes...same principle applies, be yourself and people will want to be around you.

true but i live in a small town and everyone knows everyone and like the friends i do have from different city r the ones i can count on

i come from an area full of small towns, so i understand what you're saying. the good thing about small towns is that there are bigger towns surrounding them. if you can, venture out to them and see who/what is out there. some new friends might just be waiting for you :o)

ya i do sometimes but my parents have really bad rules on wat time i can be home but i get out and see some of my friends

the uninvolved parents have imposed rules on you! how cruel! :op

we've offered suggestions to you and have tried to help you in multiple ways. in the end, you will have to help yourself. rather than find barriers for everything we say (yeah, but...), work on ways to improve your own situation. we've done what we can, but it's completely up to you. if you truly despise the situation you are in: change it. it's as simple as that.

ok its not like im not using the advise trust me iam and its helping some of my situations and others ones need a lot of work on my part but ill get it down and ya i kno i got a lot of problems and some r hard to fix

i wasn't trying to be rude. i understand how hard it is to make positive changes. i was just pointing out it seems as though to everything we say, you respond "yeah, but..."

to us (even though it may not be true) it seems as though there are more excuses to not change, than there are to change. we still want to help you, and we will always be here to help you when you need it. i wanted to point out that we are here for the talking/offering advice side of things, but the action part of change will rely on you.

if it came across differently, i apologize - it wasn't my intent. i was trying to tell you how things appear to us.

no it didnt come across like that i was saying that i seem negative all the time but im really trying

wow bet u feel great den poor u