Hey everyone! :)

Hello, my name is Ashley and I am 25. I’m type 1 diabetic (diagnosed 8/6/08). I just wanted to introduce myself. I am looking for some companionship with another diabetic. I don’t know many people who truly understand. Willing to talk here or on other platforms such as SnapChat. Just trying to find people to provide support for each other. Who’s in?

Hey Ashley! I’m Abby; I’m 15 and I’ve had T1D since I was 7. I know I’m a bit young but I’m always here if you want a friend or someone to talk to! :slight_smile:

. . . and I’m Carl. I’ve had Type 1 diabetes since I was 61. I’m 62 now.

That said, our daughter, now 24 was diagnosed when she was 11. So, I had a bit of context before my diagnosis and have seen a lot of first hand concerns develop in her life, which prepared me for lifestyle changes in my new-found diagnosis.

f-d

Hi Ashley I’m Anthony and I was diagnosed in 1950 as T1D.I am Still going strong and looking forward to reaching 100 years as T1D in 30 yrs time.No problems as yet and remaining motivated and positive.I tend to get a little depressed when BG’s go haywire, however always manage to achieve a good balance. With exercise,Very low carb diet and testing 3 or 4 times a day, I manage BG,s well.
Always remain positive, strong willed and never ever give up.

Hi all. I’m new to this. I was told type 2 almost ,2 yrs ago after being told borderline for many years then today finally they say type 1 my PCP didn’t do the right test I guess so he finally sent me to a Endo and she did and they had me on a sensor for 5 days my a1c has been going up and down it was 14 April of last year and is now 8.3 I just gave myself my first night time dose of slow acting insulin and start fast acting 3 x aday tomorrow just scared a lil and need some support thanks… and I don’t Kno how to eat with shots I just Kno since I’ve been on pills I’ve lost a lot of weight I’m at 117 at 5’6 any answers or suggestions is greatly appreciated

Hi Ashley. I am 62 yo and have had T1D since I ws 5yo. Currently using an Animas Ping Insulin Pump and a Dexcom CGM. I can communicate with you. Hope all is well.

Hi Ashley!

I’m Sophie and a T1D myself. I’m 21 and would be down to talk either here or on snapchat!