Helpful information about liquid Amoxicillin

So whenever I need information I always come here where I know I can recieve great information and help. I asked the pharmacist and she did not help or know. My daughter has her first ear infection since diagnosed and the doctor ordered bubble gum flavored amox 600 mg 1 1/2 teaspoon not sure how many carbs and if we need to cover for them. Since she is MDI it is easier to know before hand than afterwards. Any information will help, she is already running high because of the infection so my concern is what this may do if I don’t cover. Thanks for always being here when I am in need!

Hi, Brook! I’m not actually qualified to answer the question, either, but Dr. Google looks pretty convinced it’s negligible. Several different sources list it as less than 5g total for the 1.5 teaspoons, and one random person online pointed out that a teaspoon of straight sugar is less than 5g, so you probably don’t need to worry about the meds.

Definitely follow your doctor’s guidance on managing sick days, and I hope your daughter gets well soon!

1 Like