Has anyone ever?

After they changed their site walked by something and the wire gets caught and rips the sites right off your body?? UGH i just did that and i hate that!!

Thankfully not. I have only had one real rip out during ultimate frisbee and a few pool related losses.

I've never had the site ripped right off my body, but I have had the tubbing caught around my bedroom door nob... still not really sure how it happened lol!!!

you guys are luckyy it happens to me all the time it gets caught on doors and bed posts ughh it annoys me

Maybe you could look into switching to the OmniPod? It's the pump without the tubing... it might work out better for you... I don't know though -- I still use syringes because of my concerns about pump issues like what you are experiencing. 

i was looking into the omni pod but i play two contact sports so its like a pro and con situation

I'm frustrated with tubing catching on stuff, too!  Where do you put your site?  Sometimes I can tuck the tubing in my pants or keep it under my shirt and that helps, but I guess it also depends on where you put your pump (pocket vs. clip). 

It only happens when i put it on my stomach bcs the wire hangs right by the pump

funny i seen this today because my daughter was squatting down in the kitchen and my son walked up next to her and when she stood up he was standing on her pump tubing and it pulled it right out.  She was pretty mad at him but we fixed it and its all good.  Better then when she woke up yesterday and her pump had an alarm on all night (she is a hard sleeper) and it ran her battery down.  When she finally work up her pump had stopped working.

Ive done that too i bent   down one time to tie my little sisters shoe and when i went to get up she was standing on my wire with her other foot and ripped it right out...... and i always hear my alarm idk y i wish i woudlnt bcs if i dont get up i feel like im gonna get sick or someting lol

You guys are all going to laugh at this one. My husband was being a smart a$$ one day so i decided to moon him from across the room. Down dropped the drawers and out ripped my pump. We laughed soooo hard all night after that. all he could say was "That'll teach you. You had that one coming." Needless to say i have never mooned him again.

That is the only time in 9 years of pumping that mine has ripped out. And boy is it memorable:)

I went back to the short infusion set tubing to avoid those issues, granted it makes pump placement a little more obvious, but the shorted infusion set has made things a little easier. I can't remember the last time I got caught on anything.

I've gotten mine caught on doorknobs before! It always seems to happen when I'm in a rush too! It sucks. It doesn't happen often, just always at the worst possible times!

[quote user="Amie Meenk"]

You guys are all going to laugh at this one. My husband was being a smart a$ one day so i decided to moon him from across the room. Down dropped the drawers and out ripped my pump. We laughed soooo hard all night after that. all he could say was "That'll teach you. You had that one coming." Needless to say i have never mooned him again.

That is the only time in 9 years of pumping that mine has ripped out. And boy is it memorable:)

[/quote]

That is to funny my sisters boyfried did that before and he ripped his site to and wee always say u r the only one in the world who possibly could have done that but ill have too tel hiim now lol

Yes, I have to say I have ripped mine out alot.  The door knobs are the worst.  Especially because it always happens when I am in a hurry and running, so naturally it pulls it out.  The best one though was the day I got in my car, my pump fell off and I shut my car door.  After driving a few feet, I realized MY PUMP WAS ON THE OUTSIDE OF MY CAR!  Luckily it didn't rip the site out.  I sure am glad they make these things sturdy!! 

I did that a couple of days ago, and without even having any tubing attached! I wear an Omnipod, and I had just changed the site a few hours before. Well, I was having dinner, and rushed to the bathroom. In the urge of the moment I guess I had forgotten that the new site was on one of my cheecks: I pulled down my panties and the Omnipod flew right into the toilet! Of course I couldn't even save the insulin out of that one, and the site was a little bloody - it is kind of funny though now that I think about it.

Yes, its so annoying and I do not know how or why it happens, the site was ripped of my body when I went to the bathroom.  I had the site in my buttocks.  I have to be very careful when I pull the panties.... I don't want it happening again.  Which of course reminded me to carry extra supplies with me. 

It's happened to me a few times before - usually in the middle of the night when I'm all out of it.  Do you have longer tubing.  I have the minimed paradigm pump with the longer tubing (I think it's 48inches) and I think that makes it more likely to hang out in loops and get caught on things.

I've definately been there though.

Yes i have i just did that 2 weeks ago but it was caucht it on my little cuz(she is 1 year old) on her foot and after that she did find it but i put her over it and she lokked at the tv or something